Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

looking for a rebuildable 82 or 83 rear master cyl that is rebuildable. not junk (got a couple of those) .

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

bump

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Don't forget that the '82 and '83 has different number of wheel cylinders off the back master cylinder, so I don't think the 2 are interchangeable.

'82 pushes 1 wheel cylinder, the '83 pushes 2 of them... May be close enough to work though.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Don't forget that the '82 and '83 has different number of wheel cylinders off the back master cylinder, so I don't think the 2 are interchangeable.

'82 pushes 1 wheel cylinder, the '83 pushes 2 of them... May be close enough to work though.
;)yes i know there is a differnce between the years. but im thinking of maybe boreing out the 82 to take the 83 kit. just got to get a couple of good ones to see if there is enoughh thickness in the body to do it. what you think ?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
Not sure what that will do to the ports.
:Dme either. but i think i`ll find out. not a have tocase just yet. but it is a thought that i`m kicking around.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

there is room but still quite a job. The lands for the seals also have to be made deeper. What year are you actually looking for. JB

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

JBz wrote:
there is room but still quite a job. The lands for the seals also have to be made deeper. What year are you actually looking for. JB
:waving:well i was thinking of getting a spare for my 83. but i thought that the 82 might ba modified to work and thought i`d look into it farther. nothing pressing at the monent.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Hi Neighbor. it seems the 83 rears pop up quite a bit on ebay if someone here doent have a good spare. I think cost wise it would be much cheaper than boring , honing and getting the lands recut or whatever is required.:waving:JB

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
imported post

Wayne, a buddy has quite a few Wing parts. I'll check with him Monday to see what he has

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Wayne, a buddy has quite a few Wing parts. I'll check with him Monday to see what he has
;) ok--sounds great. just hope its rebuildable and a 83. :cheeky1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.