Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seems like a fellow on a Gold Wing with his wife was hit by a young lady turning left last weekend in Mattawa, Wash.! His Wife was killed and he lost a leg according to what I read !

Don't know if you Wash, boys knew him or not? He's in his 60's as was his wife !

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You'd think somewhere out in the hills like Mattawa would be safe. In the Seattle/Tacoma area they've been knocking riders off pretty regularly this year.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

It seems to be a combination of more overall traffic, poor driving skills/training, and lack of accountability in today's society.

Be careful out there... it might be the other person's fault, but we're the one's who suffer.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey wingdawg101 :crying:Very sorry to read that. :crying:I travelled 450 miles yesterday on my neighbours :18red:and i counted at least four (4) times that an other road user tried to kill me. :whip: But as axelwik states it might be the other persons fault but we are the ones who suffer. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I've lost a few friends on bikes over the years!

It's like a chess game out there, you have to think 2 or 3 moves ahead !

And more often than not here in the States it's usually a person who turns left in front of you when you think they are not going to turn ?!

Always expect the unexpected !:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey wingdawg101 :crying:Very sorry to read that. :crying:I travelled 450 miles yesterday on my neighbours :18red:and i counted at least four (4) times that an other road user tried to kill me. :whip: But as axelwik states it might be the other persons fault but we are the ones who suffer. :whip:
Are you sure you haven't irritated the folks around you?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I've been following this one. They were on a bright yellow 1800. It was at a "T" intersection. Wing was traveling from right-to-left on the "bar" part of the T, and had the right-of-way. (No stop sign pointing to him) A pickup truck was turning left (Vertical part of the "T") and didn't see the bright yellow goldwing. It was during the day, perfect weather, no glare. The Pickup was being driven by a mother of a young kid who was distracting her. She didn't bother to look, peeled out, and t-boned the wing. The driver's (Older man) left leg was severed on impact, and his wife was thrown off, and died on impact.

The driver of the pickup is being ticketed for "Failure to yield to oncoming traffic". It's a $300 fine. The DA is not even entertaining the thought of charging her with a crime such as negligent homicide, or vehicular manslaughter. (I sent an email to the DA showing my disgust for the decision, but no no avail.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.