Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

and i left at about 12 noon. i went out east on the backroads, and had a wonderful ride. i was cooking to JOE BONNAMASSA, and just loving life. after all this talk about guys on other bikes not waiving, i decided to see and remember who did and who didnt. huh, ya know what? everyone waived! guys on harleys, look alikes, crotch rockets, every bike i passed, i waived to, and they waived back. i was out in aumish country, in adams county, and i passed two horse and buggies. and you know what? one of them waived to me first! freaked me out, so i hurried and waived back. they dont ever waive. i thought, wow i gotta remember this, and tell everyone. i rode for four hours, and went through four long play CDs. probably rode 200 miles. and everyone i passed, waived. maybe its the time of day, maybe its where we are, maybe its if we are in town/city, who knows? keep on:18yellow::18yellow::18yellow:rick

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I think the wave is becoming popular again. Most everyone I pass waves. The ones who don't usually can't because of circumstances beyond their control. Even the guys and gals on scooters are waving. I'm glad you had a good ride and your faith in bikers renewed!

Bernie

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I got a 1 finger wave from 2 foot from my rear tire from a couple punks in a truck yesterday:shock:I waved back of corse:D

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Roach wrote:
guy in a boat waved to me today, I waved back. :)

Maybe he thought I was hauling a canoe
I've had barge workers wave along the ohio river, I always wave back:waving:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

The best of all are the little ones in shopping malls and cars who turn, smile and wave with a big grin on their faces. That puts an even bigger smile on My face for the rest of the day

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Its half n half here in pennsylvania,But with the nations worst roads we need to hang on to the bars...:D.................:waving:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
Its half n half here in pennsylvania,But with the nations worst roads we need to hang on to the bars...:D.................:waving:
You got that right brother:shock:. I've had to just give a good headnod because I had to keep my death grip on the bars.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Any excuse for a ride eh ? :waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
imported post

I get tired of waving. i want to pay attention to the next
curvy hill comming up.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
I got a 1 finger wave from 2 foot from my rear tire from a couple punks in a truck yesterday:shock:I waved back of corse:D
NaturalyGW and I got a 1 finger wave yesterday evening. The guy in the SUV didn't like our headlight modulators and was flashing his lights at us. I waved to him and waved back with one finger. :dude:

John

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

The other day I was riding over to the shop and while passing a small car a bunch of little girls in the back seat were pressing their faces to the window and they waved. I reached out and put my gloved hand against the window scaring the pee out of them and getting a 4littlegirl scream I could hear above the bike and road noise in my helmet!

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
I get tired of waving. i want to pay attention to the next
curvy hill comming up.
New Jersey has hills??? I want to come and see them. When I was out there, I didn't see any.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Pa. roads. And now they just about have me tarred and chipped in.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

When traveling from our Tucson home to our Oregon home I had my bike on a trailer behind my truck and camper heading North on US97 in Northern AZ when I passed a Harley or a look a like that waved to me. I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

razor wrote:
When traveling from our Tucson home to our Oregon home I had my bike on a trailer behind my truck and camper heading North on US97 in Northern AZ when I passed a Harley or a look a like that waved to me. I thought that was pretty cool.
I have done this :dude:... And then I ask myself why did I just do that - LOL

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

Here in upstate SC most everyone does the low wave. I think it's fun to do. The only ones that don't wave much are the zoomsplats. They don't because if they take their hands off the handlebar they're going so fast it'll rip their arm out of the socket.
Jim(inSC)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

I was doing a goolge search and found this on some bike forum.:D

====================================================

Top 10 Reasons Goldwing riders don't wave back.
[align=center] [/align] Found this on a local forum and thought it was hilarious...... No offense to Goldwing riders. They're sweet bikes.

Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene
gesture

Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip

Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise
arm

Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him

The espresso machine just finished

Was actually asleep when other rider waved

Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories
dealer

Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen

Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height,