Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

has anyone tried to modify the small communicators that you buy at Canadian tire or wallmart to integrate into the gl 1200's intercom system? :12red:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

THE GRMS TYPE. just wondering if it can be done

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I know certain Chapters of my RidingClub use these for the ride Captain and the Tailgunner, to keep in touch with what's going on within the group during a ride, but they have their own headsets and mics, which can be switched around between riders/bikes.

Are you looking at using this as a source of communication between you and 1 other rider that you'll be traveling with?

Or, are you looking for a 'general all purpose communication tool' which will enable you to talk with any other rider?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

my wife rides a shadow 600 and she's got a heavy wrist (I'm more layed back) just need to be able to tell her to slow down a little and enjoy the scenery lol. i know they work with head sets , just not sure if there is a way to intergate it to the aspy's intercom

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
imported post

Our shop has wired them to gold wings how ever the PTT button has to be used on the radio according to my techs

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i got a set of them cobra hand held cb walkie talkies they work well enough i dont have a intercom system or a earphone set up for them i take one and my brother takes one he usually goes 100mph to my 55-60mph so he just tells me where hes going to stop.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I have the CB on my wing for use with other Goldwings, but when my daughter started riding I tried to hook up an old CB to her bike with limited results. Eventually we started using a couple of FRS radios hung around our necks on a string, it worked OK for us both, and was certainly an easy low tech answer to our communication problem.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

hi unionjk

just wondering about your hand held radios. when comunicating did you receive through the goldwing cb or through the hand helds:12red:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

on my way out the door headed for work , just wanted to say MORNIN to everyone:12red:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I thought about doing this for the 1100, but with the digital display driven by the CB, and rather integrated way it hooks up, I abandoned the idea.

The 1500 looks a bit easier. Looking at the schematic, there are 15 wires hooking the CB up to the bike:

1: MIC ground
2: Headset out
3: CB on (?)
4: Mode In (?)
5: Ground
6: MIC in
7: Speaker out
8: Speaker/Headset ground
9: Mute out (? Maybe enabled when squelch is broken?)
10: Talk (grounded when Talk pressed)
11: Channel up (grounded when Channel Up pressed)
12: Channel down (grounded when Channel Down pressed)
13: ACC (+12V when key in ACC or ON)
14: Back-Up (+12V at all times)
15: Starter reverse switch (supplies +12V when starter pressed)

Assuming the levels could be matched, and assuming you could find a GMRS radio that provided talk/channel up/down (or at the very least, talk) controls, I suppose one could design an interface that would hook it up to the bike and let it appear as a CB to the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.