Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

THE WALNUT DASH ON MY 89 GL1500 IS BEGINNING TO SHOW WEAR, AND I HAVE SEEN FOR SALE REPLACEMENT DASH THAT STICKS ON.

MY QUESTION IS, HOW DIFFICULT WILL IT BE TO TAKE OFF THE OLD DASH THAT IS STUCK ON. IT IS THE ORIGINAL WALNUT, AND I DONT WANT TO MAKE A MESS OF IT.

ANY ONE HAD EXPERIENCE IN REPLACING THEIR DASH.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey jukeboxjury123 :waving: Your welcome back to the forum. :clapper: Gosh we haven't seen or heard from you since the 20th March. :crying:Some of the experts will come along shortly and help you out. :jumper:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

It's actually very easy to do. I gave a buddy a hand with this as his old wood dash had faded badly. We just used a hairdryer to heat the old stuff and it peeled off nicely. The piece stuck on the dash fascia (inside the clear plastic shield. was trickier, we used rubber gloves so as not to get greasy finger marks on the matt finish of the clocks.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Hi jukeboxjury123, did you bump into the wingnut, he's in Spain at the moment. :waving:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Any idea where he is in Spain. I am in Mallorca.

Just got back from the Moto GP in Le Mans, France. 1600 miles of rain soaked miles.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

I'm considering doing this myself as my wood dash is almost yellow with age (only 2 years). I'm wondering if the false wood dash (plastic) would last longer without fading, even though it doesn't look quite as good as the real wood veneer.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
I'm considering doing this myself. I'm wondering if the false wood dash (plastic) would last longer without fading.
Hey yellowwing :waving:The plastic will last much longer :clapper:and looks just as good as the wood. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.