Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7:45 am sunny 50* heading out to do some end of year riding. believe my wife and i are going to old forge,ny and having lunch at walts diner. going to be a sunny warm day might be the last ride of the year for me. :sadguy:

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what a perfect day for the last ride of the season for me went about 300 miles today teampatures 63-71* sunny with little breeze seen a few wings to bad its over, have 10450 miles on the bike rode around 8000 miles this season 2 decent trips this year in march went to atlantic city,nj and august went to bar harbor maine.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
What's this talk about a last ride of the season? Fair weather only riders? For shame! :)

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i use to ride to work before the daylight savings time change, now its dark by the time i leave work and i live out in the sticks so the deer have been moving more and the dark the two dont mix well why take the chance right?

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
Deer activity is definetly a consideration around here at this time of year. The rut is on and the leaves in the woods have all fallen so the deer are more likely to be travelling to find food. Riding at either end of the day calls for extra caution. We are forecast for some snow tonight so that might bring out the salt trucks. Once that happens the Goldwing is done for the year, not going to ride her on salted roads.

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats also in my "not to do book"! sand,salt,cinder roads are a bad idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.