Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

too many is believed to be's for me

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
imported post

A number of years ago I read that Ford had accidentally sold the first Mustang to the public instead of keeping it for their museum. It was located in Canada many years later and the owner was given a new one in trade.

I choose to believe that story. The one for sale is nice but not that nice.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

I was thinking th WWII fighter, maybe a famous one, but this is not worth that kind of cash.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I like Fords, but uhhhhhh...........:(

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Hey, I'm in for $11.30. Anybody else?:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

ldsgeek wrote:
I was thinking th WWII fighter, maybe a famous one, but this is not worth that kind of cash.
I was kinda thinking the warbird too.................

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,305 Posts
imported post

Someone is dreaming big time, that will never sell, and even if it is sold, it will not command a portion of that figure

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

value is just perception. The 70 Convertible that sits on our property is just as rare as that one. It was the only produced for that particular vin number, too. I hereby offer it for only 1/5th of the above. Any takers? I take paypal...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I think he was told to sell it but he really doesn't want to sell it, so he listed it at that ridiculous price. :D I love Mustangs, I've had 3 of them, but this bloke is out of his mind.

John

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

If it is whut he says it is then why can't you get a vehicle history report?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Way too much for this car.....Too many "I think's" to begin with....First Ford motor company would have to verify the statements he is making, and I personally don't think they will....Second for it to be worth that much it would have to had never been "restored" that takes away value of the "Historical Value"... OK OK I know that if done correctly a restoration for a collector can make it worth more....But it would have had to been a restorer with excellent ratings....Secondly I looked up 64 1/2 mustangs in "restored" condition and the most I saw was about $35.000.00..????....

I don't even think that a Tucker is worth that much, and they are really rare cars....Only 50 built and something like 40???? still around.....Even then with it's history and the rarity of Tuckers the last one sold at auction was just a little over One Million dollars....I looked at the web sites on Tuckers....Cool car way ahead of its time and a shame about how it was killed.....

But 5.5 million for any car is way out of my range to say the least, and I think that who ever this guy is, has been duped into thinking that he has a very rare car....It might well be the "first" 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible but only Ford would know that for sure.....As I read his ramblings about the "history" of this car , he said "I think" way too many times......Now "IF" and only "IF" Ford motor company did in fact verify his statements, it might bring a million maybe a tad more but not no 5.5 million dollars.....Day dreaming for sure....

Claude.....

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,305 Posts
imported post

How much time you have behind the yoke of that Cessna Mustang Bill?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

This guy is a nut! I have attended many antique shows and auctions, this dude doesn't have a clue.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Hey folks, remember the seller lives in California where they will pay $1,000,000 for 1200 square foot house that has a great view of the garbage dump. I'm not talkin San Fran, I meant the REAL refuse dump. Ok, Ok not LA either. :D

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Jerryk959 wrote:
Hey, I'm in for $11.30. Anybody else?:cheeky1:
$11.35 :D

If all those people said they "believed" Jerry could fly.. should we let him try :cooldevil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.