Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i want to change my 84Interstate trunk reflector to /for a Aspencade with light :brake /tail light.

I just buy (not receive yet) on e-bay a Aspencade trunk light (brake and tail)

Do i just connect the same colors wires to the ones that goes to the sadlebag?

or there a special way to do it?....(dont want to stress the wires , to much juice !!!!!)

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Remove your seat. You should find an unused three pin connector. Brown, Green and Green/Yellow. The lightbar connects there. However, I believe there is a subharness between the lightbar and the bike's wiring. I don't know if that will come with the lightbar you ordered.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

:cool:Well if the Interstate light bar/reflector houses the brake lights same as the Aspencade( Idontknow)just remove the light bar from inside the trunk as if you were changing the bulbs. Because you have to take out the complete assembly anyway to change the bulbs. And just replace it with the Aspencade bar:?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Right winger wrote:
:cool:Well if the Interstate light bar/reflector houses the brake lights same as the Aspencade( Idontknow)just remove the light bar from inside the trunk as if you were changing the bulbs. Because you have to take out the complete assembly anyway to change the bulbs. And just replace it with the Aspencade bar:?
I believe most if not all Interstates just came with just a reflector bar.
Also there is no reason to remove the seat as the connector/s are easy to get at with the saddle bag lids off.

BTW: There are/were light bars available that just said GOLDWING, see
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRUNK-BRAKE-LIGHT-BAR-Honda-Goldwing-1985-GL1200-Tail-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d4Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d1723400565319195239QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ120752855742

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
Also there is no reason to remove the seat as the connector/s are easy to get at with the saddle bag lids off.
There is no reason to remove the seat if someone has had the seat off and pulled the connectors out of their holders so they are laying out of their respective clamps. If they are still in their stock position, you will need to remove the seat.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

glhonda wrote:
Ken Bergen wrote:
There is no reason to remove the seat if someone has had the seat off and pulled the connectors out of their holders so they are laying out of their respective clamps. If they are still in their stock position, you will need to remove the seat.
I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Sleep now.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys.....ok for more volts on the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

its not enough to hurt it

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

i remove the seat....no 6 pins connector............no free connector:?

so i plug (tail/brake) wire by wire , one by one to the left or right harness that goes to

each of the 2 saddlebags(L&R) lights ( BRAKE/TAIL) ?

i did see in a schema of wires :readit: but not the Aspi.....that for the brake .... the same

color wire (Green/Y), one goes to brake switch they other to a senser unit.

a bit confusing....

thanks for replys
:waving::waving:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

newday777 wrote:
franky932 wrote:
Thanks guys.....ok for more volts on the bike?
You can use LED bulbs and cut down the draw. Tower bulbs give the most light to be seen by others

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ftail-brake-turn.html

i have to install today.........rigth or left tail /brake harness? i have no 3 pins

connection under the seat.............

btw 2057 are brither than 1157?

ty:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Finally found the 3 pins conector.....was searching a 6 pins.....

what a difference..........wow.......now just have to connect...corner flashing light..

Thanks guys:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

and the trunk light bar had a flashing upgrade install. all works.

now i can be see by hundred of feet more .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.