Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For those of you who have seen the paint on my 1500 and trailer you know the work is beyond reproach. This work was done by the fellow who I worked with and from whom I purchased the bike.

He is in the auto paint business and spends his time advising and teaching high quality paint shops materials and specialized techniques of the trade. He had completely gotten out of paint work itself with the one exception of helping me recover from the accident damage I had with it two years ago.

Times being hard and money tight, he has made the decision to take on motorcycle paint work once again until things get better economically.

That is your gain if you want this type of work done and are near enough to the Atlanta, GA area to make it worth the effort to get it done.

If anyone want's to discuss this with him, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with him. I am passing this through and am not involved other than helping a friend out and possibly someone here needing or wanting that work done.

Here is a shot of his work but he can do anything from simple and cheap to this and more. One thing for sure, it is all first rate work.

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

It's a beautiful paintjob and pictures don't do it justice, but here's a closeup of his trunk I snapped while in Calhoun. :)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
How is he with pinstripe birds?:action:
If it isn't too deep, he should be able to get rid of it for you. Otherwise he can just sand it down and match back to the base color.

You getting tired of Super Chicken already? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Can't blame you. If I had a green bike with that on the back of it, I'd probably just back the bike up to a tree and rock it side to side until all that was gone. Then cover that over with electrical tape. :D (the rubbing would be in case the electrical tape ever came off) :cooldevil:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
SB in SC wrote:
How is he with pinstripe birds?:action:
If it isn't too deep, he should be able to get rid of it for you. Otherwise he can just sand it down and match back to the base color.

You getting tired of Super Chicken already? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Can't blame you. If I had a green bike with that on the back of it, I'd probably just back the bike up to a tree and rock it side to side until all that was gone. Then cover that over with electrical tape. :D (the rubbing would be in case the electrical tape ever came off) :cooldevil:
Now what he really wants, is a Rhino wearing a thong to replace the bird!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I have a shelter fairing on 1500se with paint damage. I don't know if it would be more practical to paint something that small or replace it. I haven't priced either.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Don't have any way to put a value on what you want your bike to look like.

If mine hadn't already been tricked out, I really don't think I would have gone all that way but I still would have wanted a good paint job if I were needing one done. But now that it looks good I have no problems paying whatever it takes to keep it up, either.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Kudos to you guys and the artwork. My 87 1200 is getting it's final clearcoat tomorrow. I'm going with the factory Pearl Beige Metallic with Metallic Burgundy striping, which I'm doing myself. The painting is being done by the manager at my local Maaco shop. Don't laugh, he did the 83 Aspencade I restored with the original 2-tone dark gray paint and it looked better than new. I took him my 20 pcs of plastic from my 1200 (after I pulled all the hardware off) and for less than $300 have a new bike again. I sure won't compare to your custom jobs but will look great. I have also renewed all the badges. Just an option for someone wanting a new paint job. Paul

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

New paint, whether it be a standard color or something custom is the best bling you can add to a bike, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.