Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I really, really.....really..... want one of these:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

OK so where do you guys find these relics.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Relics?? :shock: I think not!! Rare, historicaland precious bits bits of Man's ingenuity! That's what!! :coollep: :weightlifter::action:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Lots of meanings to the word, "relic." One of them is "something to be cherished, something to be hoarded, protected..... "

If I had a BSA Goldstar, it would be indeed something to be cherished, hoarded, and protected! Yessir!

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:)I always wanted a Goldie,,,but because of the price they can command,never got round to one,,but heres a photo of a Triton i used to own,, Triumph 750 engine,,Norton wideline frame,, and the kit was by Dresda,,, i also had another done by a customiser called Gus khun,, alas i had to sell them to purchase the Norton Commando:)

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I've always love the look of those older beauties. A friend back in the early 70's road a Triumph Bonneville and I just could'nt get the looks and sound of that machine out of my head.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
I really, really.....really..... want one of these:
Me too...as I had one in my youth.......they have a deep throated sound like no other

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I really, really, really had one of those, Jack. A lot of fun, but what a crappy set of brakes, especially the rear. And, hard starting in the winter. But, overall, a kick in the pants, for it's era.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

FenderHead wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
Relics?? :shock: I think not!! Rare, historicaland precious bits bits of Man's ingenuity! That's what!! :coollep: :weightlifter::action:
My meaning was exactly what cousin jack had said.

I have a 49 Indian Chief that is a relic, Cherish I do.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
FenderHead wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:

A 49 Indian Chief????? Do ya ride her??? Well do ya - huh? Maybe I oughtta get my Wing and or my Chief down to share some miles with ya!!! :shock:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
FenderHead wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:

A 49 Indian Chief????? Do ya ride her??? Well do ya - huh? Maybe I oughtta get my Wing and or my Chief down to share some miles with ya!!! :shock:
You guys got something like this.......

I found this at a convenience store in Duluth, Minn., where I stopped to ask directions.The owner of the store owned the bike! It is a daily rider!!!!!!!

He told me that an uncle owned when he was a little boy. He told his uncle that someday he wanted the bike. The uncle made him buy it, here a quarter there a dollar, for about twenty years! Gad, I wish I had an uncle like that when I was little, and I wish I had a bike like this now!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Lots of meanings to the word, "relic." One of them is "something to be cherished, something to be hoarded, protected..... "

If I had a BSA Goldstar, it would be indeed something to be cherished, hoarded, and protected! Yessir!
And you actually think Red will let you keep it in the living room?? Maybe time for that addition if you find one:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
:)I always wanted a Goldie,,,but because of the price they can command,never got round to one,,but heres a photo of a Triton i used to own,, Triumph 750 engine,,Norton wideline frame,, and the kit was by Dresda,,, i also had another done by a customiser called Gus khun,, alas i had to sell them to purchase the Norton Commando:)

Gad, Pork.... I almost missed this! That is beautiful! Really, really beautiful. I want, really, really, want that......!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
And you actually think Red will let you keep it in the living room?? Maybe time for that addition if you find one:cooldevil::cooldevil:
Well, nightwizard40, I actually asked Red once if I could cut a garage door into one of our now extra bedrooms in order to make it an in-house garage.............!

Ever have anybody look at you like you had worms crawling out of your face or something? That's kind of how she was looking at me right after I asked her that!

Kind of thought it was a good idea, I did..........

guess not!

:jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
You guys got something like this.......

I found this at a convenience store in Duluth, Minn., where I stopped to ask directions.The owner of the store owned the bike! It is a daily rider!!!!!!!

He told me that an uncle owned when he was a little boy. He told his uncle that someday he wanted the bike. The uncle made him buy it, here a quarter there a dollar, for about twenty years! Gad, I wish I had an uncle like that when I was little, and I wish I had a bike like this now!
Oh my God, that is absolutely beautiful, I want it, I really want it. Now that is a relic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.