Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have a right battery side cover for the 1500? Preferably 1993 blue. I realize that this may be a common request, but thought I would try. Thanks

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately it's way too common. :sadguy: You might be able to find an OEM one through a dealer but more likely you will have to pay too much for a used one of the wrong color, and then still have to pay to have it repainted to match. Buy new grommets and Rudy's keeper kit for when you get it replaced so you don't lose it or any of the other expensive panels in the future.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/87202.html
OEM part number for the right side cover in Cambridge Blue Metallic is 83600-MN5-000ZP. If you don't have the old one you will probably need the emblems too, 83605-MT8-000 and 83606-MT8-000.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately it's way too common. :sadguy: You might be able to find an OEM one through a dealer but more likely you will have to pay too much for a used one of the wrong color, and then still have to pay to have it repainted to match. Buy new grommets and Rudy's keeper kit for when you get it replaced so you don't lose it or any of the other expensive panels in the future.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/87202.html
OEM part number for the right side cover in Cambridge Blue Metallic is 83600-MN5-000ZP. If you don't have the old one you will probably need the emblems too, 83605-MT8-000 and 83606-MT8-000.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Glad to help. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

I have no personal experience with them but a friend here on the forum has had less than favorable results with his. Here's mikef's post on a thread talking about them.

John

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

A guy on Ebay, Midwest Cycle Pro has a new set of aftermarket ones for sale. He has a buy it now price of $139.95 for the pair. The item # is...290609500563 . They look good to me. I'm considering ordering a set just to have (?). Anyone ever delt with this guy? Maybe this will help you.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Nice find unclet1! That's a new product from Add-On Accessories. It says they are made out of ABS so may be more durable than the chrome version that is possibly made of a more brittle plastic.

John

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Thanks,Hopefully these will be the answer for a lot of 1500 owners.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

That's a good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.