Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my 89 1500 to a 08 1800. The new one has floorboards installed with this huge brake lever that blocks my huge foot from resting on the floorboard and a heal-toe shifter that just clips onto the OEM shifter and I have to mash it with my heal while breaking my ankle to shift up.

SO, if anyone has the OEM foot pegs with the mounts and the OEM Brake lever I would love to buy them. Or if someone that is shorter and has smaller feet then me wants to trade for these floor boards I would be open to that also. They seem like good quality, I am just to tall to really enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
jpay, you can look on this list https://goldwingdocs.com/Store/New-Used-Goldwing-Parts.asp I saw there was at least a Brake Pedal on the list.

I had the same issue when I went up to the 1800, I didn't care for the floorboards, shifter and brake pedal. I went with the small floorboards and like them very much. They are about twice the size of the OEM ones. You use the OEM shifter with them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing for the 1800. But I will keep an eye on it. This is an aftermarket setup, the floorboard is huge but the controls are too small so I can not actually have my whole foot on them.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Nothing for the 1800. But I will keep an eye on it. This is an aftermarket setup, the floorboard is huge but the controls are too small so I can not actually have my whole foot on them.
For what it's worth it's a heel or toe shifter. If you use it as a rocker you'll end up ghost shifting.
That said if you don't like it now you may never get comfortable with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what it's worth it's a heel or toe shifter. If you use it as a rocker you'll end up ghost shifting.
That said if you don't like it now you may never get comfortable with it.
Thats not the problem, it is so far back that I can not easily push my heal down to the floorboard, thats with my toe flat on the floorboard. I have to get the heal part almost flush with the floor to get an up shift. Down is ok except I have to lift my whole foot up on top of it again because of the angle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts