Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a 4 gauge cluster set to mount on my GL500. Anyone have one they wish to part with?

Guess I should clarify I mean the set with the temp., volt, clock and altimeter that sits above the cluster.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The only sets like that I've see is like the one I have on my 1100. Never seen any for a 1500. The temp doesn't work on mine, Some fool cut off the thermister tube.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

No, he means a GL500 V-twin aka CX500 which used the same Hondaline fairing.

The go for $30-100 on Ebay depending on quality

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
No, he means a GL500 V-twin aka CX500 which used the same Hondaline fairing.

The go for $30-100 on Ebay depending on quality
I thought it was a misprint. Guess i need a better crystal ball.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Its ok bagmaster. Being this is a goldwing site you defaulted to typo. Heck, most people don't even know what a GL500 Silverwing is. I am new to riding and wasn't confident enough in my abilities to go for a goldwing straight out of MSF class. In a year or so that should change.

Sandcast, I see them every once and a while on there, but keep getting beat out or forget to even bid. Was hoping for a more direct route this time.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

If you can find a spare 4-hole dash, I have spare gages.

I have complete CB900 Hondaline with Clarion stereo and 4-gage pack. Unfortunately, you are pretty far away. I used to live in Doraville and Norcross, GA. but moved to Boston area.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think the housing is even more rare than the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Hey I have a set Was gonna mount on my 1500 somehow but my 18 is there... so make a reasonable offer (the guy posting above is a little wet as the clock ( working) goes for double that...... Me thinks he is thinking of the 1000 cluster on the faux tank!!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My clock works beautifully and keeps almost perfect time. I just need the thermister cable for the temp guage to work properly.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I don't mean the 1978-79 three gage pod on the tank.

Actually, I bought a spare clock of ebay for $25. The problem is that the clock in general, has a plastic lens that yellows and the red on the hands are usually gone.

Ebay is unpredictable. I have seen guys fight for these sets and other times, nobody wants them. Only NOS gages command big bucks. When the rest of the bike is well used, what is the point of spending a fortune on perfect gages?

I bought a Hondaline fairing with functional Clarion radio and working gages (temp too) for $150. That is a fact.

Also, I bought NOS red face (probably CBX) altimeter and temperature gages to fit the above; $20 each on ebay.

There are tons of gages out there, just be patient.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

morganfrmn wrote:
I got a set on ebay that is ending in 4 hours, honda altimeter
Check the dates, that post was back in 2009.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.