Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As is probably thecase inmost states,we can run the same year tag as the year of our Historic vehicle.

I'd like to find a 1975 MD motorcycle plate to run on my '75 Wing. I don't need any documentation (I don't think), just the tag - of course, I'd just as soon not get one thatmight have been listed asstolen! :shock:

So, if you have such an animal laying around your shed/barn/garage/basement, please send me a PM and we'll see what kind of a deal we can arrange! :action:

Thanks,

Larry

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Trying to find an MD tag that specific is quite a longshot here. Have you tried posting in different MD Craigslists?

I found a plate on ebay once. Bid real high because I had to have it. It was a personalized plate from TX, dated 1983 and the personalization spelled out GLD WNG.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

were motorcycles tags issued for separate years back then or were we using stickers
for each new year?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

neoracer wrote:
were motorcycles tags issued for separate years back then or were we using stickers
for each new year?
I don't know. First bike I actually had was in '75 (it was a Yamaha), but the brain doesn't recall what type tag. Guy from MVA seems to think we had stickers. Man, I wish I would have kept that tag now!

Edit - I located a web site with a car tag - the tag was blue w/white lettering, "71" stamped in lower left corner with the box in lower right for the "75" sticker. So, I'm thinking the m/c tag would be the same in miniature.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

think once we went to the sticker, the tags have stayed the same as they are now soemwheres on the DMV site u should be able to pull up pictures i would think,i reremember the blue and whites

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

found someone on ebay who apparently sells old paltes, they had a 75 and it was blue/white with sticker on right side for 75, sent them an email to see if they had a MC tag,if they do will forwrad the info to u

1975 Maryland License Plate Tag Original (200312453015)

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

shoot jennifer a pm and see if she has one in her collection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.