Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WANTED - '83 1100I Carb #4

320 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  flyboyziel56 
#1 ·
imported post

Need to replace carb #4 after the fuel mix screw broke off and lodged in the carb. If anyone has a single carb available it would be GREATLY appreciated!

J-

#2 ·
imported post

Don't know if you want to but it is possible to remove the broken off end of the idle screw from the carb body. I had the same issue and removed it by using a bench grinder to grind a small paperclip down enough to fit in the hole.

Once to the correct size, bend it to a 90° angle and gently work the broken piece out - it will come out all at once so watch the pressure on it so you don't enlarge the hole.

worth a shot at least...

#3 ·
imported post

I did try that, Rob. I actually was able to push the broken end out once, but after I dipped, sprayed, dried, and reassembled the carb, the tip broke off the new screw. I wasn't happy. I've managed to destroy the hole trying to get the second one out! :whoops::mad:

#9 ·
imported post

HomeBru wrote:
I did try that, Rob. I actually was able to push the broken end out once, but after I dipped, sprayed, dried, and reassembled the carb, the tip broke off the new screw. I wasn't happy. I've managed to destroy the hole trying to get the second one out! :whoops::mad:
HomeBru were you able to find the single carb you were looking for??, If not give me a PM and perhaps I can help!!. ...............................Allan AKA flyboyziel56................

:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.