Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED:'91 Interstate "blank" radio panel on Centershelter (PN#83155-MW5-870ZA)

There is a "blank" panel on the center shelter, where a cassette-radio is installed on ALL other 1500's, but the Interstate only has a "blank-off" piece that bolts under the centerdeck like a radio would. A metal plate bolts to the "blank-off" to mount the booster/amp for the onboard Kenwood radio, I only need the ABS plate, not the metal plate. If anyone knows where I might find one, please PM me the details.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOT ONE!!!!

It will need some minor "clean up" but it will work fine for my needs.

This panel fits 88-00 GL1500's centerdecks and mounts in the same location as the stereo. The panel will accommodate the newer AM-FM stereos with bluetooth, USB (for charging the phone), Aux-in (for MP3 or GPS, etc), and some come with a remote (so "mama" can control the radio from the back seat).

It can also be used to mount most all kinds of switches, such as FM modulators, or Voltmeters, oil and temp Gauges, "idiot/warning" lights, additional USB ports and many others.

This is what it looks like;
Top view.jpg

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHAHA!!! :ROFL:

Tell me how this sounds, , ,

That Firecreek reproduction will be "Unobtanium 2.0"
The blank-off reproduction will be "Unobtanium 2.1"
:grin3:

I'm about at the limit of my CAD skills already!! Gonna have to find time to get this blank-off done too, , , ,dang, , there goes my "time-in-the-saddle" for the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info Trike Lady, ,thanks so much.

"No joy" from any of them, , , , but I'm keepin the sites saved for other stuff I might run across.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a decent amount of room to mount the stereo and/or switches and gauges.

This is an install of an upgraded stereo with bluetooth, USB (has a thumb drive in it with 100's of mp3 tunes), and Aux-in. The aux-in and USB charger for my phone are at bottom of pic and unplugged. The phone has tons of mp3 stuff too which can run through the radio with the Aux-in line plugged in.

It works well for my needs, ,
Dual radio.jpg

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts