Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone,

Looking for a screw-on top to my broken antenna (circled in photo), and figured someone probably has an extra laying around. Don't need the bracket, the bottom, the plastic cylinder, or anything, just the very top.

Inside diameter where the top is threaded is 3/8"

Please PM me with what you'd like for it and hopefully we can work something out. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You better measure that again, 3/8ths is more than a 1/4 inch. The tip is just a steel rod about 1/8th of an inch thick.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No need to remeasure, Bagmaster. The screw-on top is 3/8" ID where it's threaded. The steel rod is about 1/16" but it doesn't screw on. I'm looking for the part circled in the first photo -- the rod connected to the base that screws on to the white plastic piece inside the black cylinder.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I have ran across a place that had just the tops........let me dig and see if I can find the site again....I don't know how much of "the top" is included:baffled:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Wing Bucket wrote:
No need to remeasure, Bagmaster. The screw-on top is 3/8" ID where it's threaded. The steel rod is about 1/16" but it doesn't screw on. I'm looking for the part circled in the first photo -- the rod connected to the base that screws on to the white plastic piece inside the black cylinder.

Thank you
Aha, ok, me gets it now. Think on this then. These antenna's are really nothing more than a modified vehicle cb antenna used on most magnetic based antenna systems. I have one for the cb in my truck but doen't use it. I'm now using a different antenna for it.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yep, surely there's no shortage of replacements that would work.Just wanting to keep it original, if possible.Call me old fashioned :)

·
Premium Member
452 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

I am almost positive I have an extra antenna for you. Let me check in the shed tomorrow after work and I will let you know.

Tom

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

well I did not find a bike antenna...what I thought was an old Goldwing antenna was a HAM radio antenna. Sorry. I can check with a friend of mine who deals in Goldwing stuff to see if he has an extra.

Tom

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

Do you want the upper (whip) part of the antenna or the metal "cone" that links the whip to the plastic barrel (coil)?

Alain

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

I have an antenna but the top cone does not thread in. The unit is threaded into the bottom cone by way of the white plastic pick-up coil inside the black housing. Top cone just presses into black housing, threads are on pick-up coil, which threads into lower cone.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

siouxindian was nice enough to PM me and offer a cone of the right size (thank you). Now all I need is one or two of the whips (one is completely broken, the other is bent but usable). The whipsare 1/16" diameter -- I've found some antennas with 1/8" whips, but those won't fit in my cones, unless I drilled them out a little.

I've been to the hardware stores looking for something to make the whip out of, but no luck. Plus I'm told it needs a ball on the end to "keep the static out."

I'm happy to send some $ for the whips, no problem

Thanks

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Found one! Add-on part # 673-629AA (just the top whip, no "cone"). 24" long and about 1/16" wide.

Got mine from Venco Wings Maybe this is where you saw it, nightwizard40.

Picked up some chrome carb covers while I was there too :action:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

great info been using stainless welding rod or three years

·
life is good
1,186 Posts
imported post

if i knew i would have sent that also. just gave it away last week.i put it on my friends 89 1500.sorry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.