Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
big PIA
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to connect them to the Goldwing? It won't open on my phone. will have to get laptop out to check it out

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Are they going to ONLY be used for driver/passenger communications?? If so, you can't beat the BT-S2 at about $50 for two (IMHO). They'll pair with another rider too if riding with a buddy.

·
big PIA
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to have my bike comms to come thru also so I can use my radio and CB if I want to so I would need the adapter for bike to use them as well

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
To do everything with wireless you would probably be better off to go with a Sena 20 or 30 system. You also need a Frreewire box to go with it to use CB radio and everything else that runs threw your 1800 sound system.. It does get little pricey to get all of it, but it works well. I have made or answered phone calls on Interstate running 70+ mph and person on other end did not realize I was on the bike.

·
big PIA
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the better of the BT-S2, recommended seller or are most the same? Decent quality for the bluetooth intercom function?
Want to have these before our trip to Harrison Arkansas

Are they going to ONLY be used for driver/passenger communications?? If so, you can't beat the BT-S2 at about $50 for two (IMHO). They'll pair with another rider too if riding with a buddy.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Got my BT-S2 from GearBest (IIRC), but the recommended seller would be fine too.
The bluetooth "quality" is crystal clear driver/passenger, , and my brother was on a bike more than half a mile ahead and we chatted clearly, , ,at 3/4 mile to a mile he began getting "scratchy". Remember though, ALL overcrossings, underpasses, big buildings, hills/mtns and stuff will reduce its range.

Taking phone calls, or making phone calls at 70+ on the freeway is a breeze, , and the other person won't be able to tell you're on the bike, , clear voice with minimal wind noise. My dentist's secretary called and almost fell off her chair when I told her to confirm my appointment and that I was doing 75+ on the freeway. She said I was crazy as hell to be on the bike at that speed, , , but dam the voice signal is clear as a bell.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ronnie I thought part of what you wanting was to use cb radio? I dont think the BT-S2 will do that.

·
big PIA
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do but I can't afford that setup right now so I am going to get it for the intercom so I don't have to be wired. From what I read the sena should interact with the Bt-s2 . Not sure if that's so, hopefully I can get better system down the road. I do want the CB function but will survive without it for now, I haven't used it yet but want the availability of it

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Yes, the BT-S2 will pair with the Sena. The Sena has to use the "Non-Sena" pairing procedures though. I guess Sena-to-Sena is a different "routine".

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Did you have problems with the microphone volume? Mine is really weak and nobody has any answers. I use an iphone
When I use "Hey Siri", or make a call home the mic works fine. I have never really been able to get "Hey Cardo" to work, but it is my understanding that they are installing new software in the Community website.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts