Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted Corbin seat to fit GL1500 for tall guy 6'7 - 245lb 36' inseam (Black)

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  wjohnmax 
#1 ·
imported post

Anybody have a tall guy Corbin seat for a reasonable price in excellent condition?

Must have the backrest, but does not need to be heated.

EDIT: changed title to reflect needs

#3 ·
imported post

Have you and wife sat on one? I loved the saddle but my wife hated it. After 30 miles she said "I'm not getting on again till you change the seat." It was too hard for her in the front area. you might also consider the Russell and Diamond/Hartco and Saddlemen.

#4 ·
imported post

• Good point, I sat on one and liked it but my wife has not. I am in the hunt for the perfect seat? I have a russel day long on my 96se currently. It was not made for me, but I inherited it from a bike. My wife likes it, the backrest I love but the seat could fit me a bit better. It is a smidge to small for me, just a smidge. I like how the corbin rides low, the russel rides high.

#5 ·
imported post

I got a proposition for you.

I have a '99 SE.
I bought the Saddleman Gel w/drivers backrest.
Not 'thrilled' with it.

Brand new. Bought in Dec '09. Started use in May '10.
Got 4000 miles on it.
Dark burgundy color covering.

Will a seat on a '96 fit a '99?
Will a seat on a '99 fit a '96?
What kind shape is the Russel in?
What color is the covering?
Would you be interested in a temporary swap to see if you like the Saddleman?

Shipping may be expensive back and forth but if you can find anyone closer to you to let you try one it could save you hundreds.

I am on my 3rd seat at an average of $600 each I am just about ready to give up and sell the bike. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Just a thought?

Jim.

#6 ·
imported post

Hmmmmm? I am exceedingly busy today, I will have to get back to you on that. I like the russel day long, I like you wanted to see if I could crank it up a notch in comfort. The backrest is great, rear seat great and its just the driver saddle part that may be a smidge small for me. If you have pics, that will do wonders....I really was not wanting to get rid of mine.. Anyway, Pics and let me think on it while I take care of some other matters. Thank you for responding. John

#7 ·
imported post

Jim,
I don't want to give up my russle seat, I really just want an extra to try and if I don't like it I will sell it. I would suggest you keep trying, configuration of seating and backrest makes a huge difference. I know, because I have had quite a few of these 1500's. John

#10 ·
imported post

Hi Every one, I just found a tall guy corbin this evening. No pics needed now harley butt, but thank you for the offer. It was a good price, I just lucked out with finding a tall guy. Now I can see if I like it more than the russle day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.