Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am in the process of getting everything taken care of on this 80 GL1100. Just got a new used set of shocks that the seller swears hold air and a new used master cylinder is on its way to me.

Now I am looking for a drivers backrest to make the long rides a bit more comfortable for me since I have a sensitive back due to an accident many many years ago.

If anyone can assist with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Michael

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
imported post

I have a backrest that came with my 83 1100,it is brown and i believe it is a markland.

I can send you pics tonite if interested.

I will see if it fits mine I have never used it.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am interested. Please send the pics along with what you would want for it.

Thanks!

Michael

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I have a backrest that I am currently using but need to replace. It is black and is on a '81 GL1100 and is in very good shape.

I added a Saddlemen seat and the backrest does not fit as well as it should now. The Saddlemen seat is a little wider and the backrtest doesn't seat all the way down into its bracket like it did with the original seat.

I think a Markland backrest will work fine but need to order one. You can see the backrest in the picture to the left but I will send you more detailed pics if interested.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I am interested in the backrest. Please send the detailed pics along with what you would want for it.

Thanks!

Michael

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

Michael,

Same deal here; I have one that I took off MY 81 GL 1100 together with the mounts. I don't know what make it is, would have to go look closer at it. It came on the bike and is in good shape, I just have the opposite problem than you. I have to be able to move around regularly or I am not comfortable. The rest prevented that. Let me know if you're still looking and I will check further and get some pics.

Tom

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

Open question....and be fair to buyer and seller, everybody:

I have no idea of the value seeing as I bought an entire bike UNDER the backrest....but does anybody have a good idea of what the Wing driver backrest would be worth by itself? Figure "average" condition...

Tom

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

rb7632 wrote:
I have a backrest that I am currently using but need to replace. It is black and is on a '81 GL1100 and is in very good shape.

I added a Saddlemen seat and the backrest does not fit as well as it should now. The Saddlemen seat is a little wider and the backrtest doesn't seat all the way down into its bracket like it did with the original seat.

I think a Markland backrest will work fine but need to order one. You can see the backrest in the picture to the left but I will send you more detailed pics if interested.
I don't want to hijack the man's thread, but I'm curious...do you like that Saddlemen's seat? I've had two on two different bikes and didn't care for them, seemed TOO confining. My GL has theoriginal Hondaseat and I think IT is far superior, certainly softer on MY half century old backside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.