Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy New Year to all. Be Safe

I have a 1979 GL1000 with a Windjammer IV Fairing, I would like to find a pair of lowers for it. Condition and color not a factor. The ones I need can be seen at.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vetter_Fairings/Vetter-Fairings-main.html

Look at the Fairing link, the Blue Goldwing at the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Rider15, Thanks for the reply, the Vindicator lowers are different.
The Blue GL1000 found on the Vetter page with the Vetter bags and trunk is just like my black Wing. Less the lowers.

Be Safe
ebanjo

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Still Looking, Black would be my first choice.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

They are hard to come by. I have been looking for a nice set for 3 years. One of mine was broken years before I got the bike. Repair job pretty rough. I have been looking for a right or even both. Never found a nice set that I would pay the asking price for.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I know they get pricey, I've let a few go by on ebay.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK here is what I have ....I bought a 1978 Suzuki GS-1000 and I still have it...It has a WindJammer SS on it with the lowers ....The lowers are white and have NO damage to them.....The fairing I need to fix the hard cover lock, some one tried to steal my bike years ago....But a couple of chrome flat washers and its good as new...Or I can leave it off and it will need a new lock assembly.....The head light assembly would need to be sent to a chrome shop as it has some rust.....One side of the fairing trim got skinned by dropping it once, but you can buy that new from Vetter...Only reason I'm bring up the fairing and the lowers is I don't know if the lowrers I have will fit your fairing, and a Wing.....If you are interested in just the lowers, fit or not $75.00 for set....Plus shipping.....The fairing I will sell for $100.00 ....Also plus shipping.....This might sound high to some but let me say again ....All three pieces are in GREAT shape no cracks, dings, or damage..just a slight skinned piece of trim......The windshield is extremely dirty t might clean up enough to use till you can get a new windshield.....

I had wanted to rebuild this GS-1000 but I can see now with all the things I have left on my Wing to replace it is not going to happen.....Let me know....

Claude....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.