Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have seen flags on the back of bikes and i'm wanting some for my ride... need suppliers and websites... Thanks:):):)

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

JC Whitney, J&P Cycles, or Dennis Kirk. All have flag mounts that will utilize your trunk rack or just about any chrome bars you have on the bike.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

try the dollar store, i get the flag that you put on your window for a couple of bucks there. I had to heat the plastic where it slids over the window so it would go over my trunk lip. they work great, i have put on many interstate miles and it just hangs in there. sometims wall world has them also.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

A lot of us in the PGR fabricate our own. Here's my setup my brother welded up for me.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
A lot of us in the PGR fabricate our own. Here's my setup my brother welded up for me.

Are those to hold the larger flags like you would put outside your house?:clapper: Just wondering cause that would be great for parades and such.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yes, I run 3 ft x 5 ft flags on 6 ft conduit pipe in them. I also have the same style holders on the back of my trailer so at times I can run 4 large flags for parades or PGR missions. The holder tubes are made of 3/4 inch conduit pipe.

My brother welded a 2 inch square tube to the bottom of the flat plate hitch as a 2" receiver so it's totally removable if need be.

Here's the other accessory he made for me to fit the receiver, a cooler rack that holds a 54 qt Colman cooler. The rack removes from the bar so it can also be used on the tongue of the trailer I tow for camping gear.

Flag poles in mounts on trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hijack the thread, but that's just cool. I'm afraid of screwing up the hitch mount on mine, otherwise i would weld one to mine just for the interchangability.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Bring your bike down and I'll have my brother fix ya right up!!

I do need to fab some extra supports for it as the weight of a smaller cooler and a 5 gal can of gas I took on a trip bent it down just a hair, not noticeable though unless you look real hard at it. That cooler full of ice and drinks would be even more weight than the small cooler and gas can.

Here's the look from underneath.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the offer, but that's a pretty good ride for me. My dad and uncle are pretty good welders, I may have them do it for me. Do you have any pics of the underside that I could use for reference?

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Sorry didn't see the pic before I posted. That looks simple enough to do though.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

what was the purpose of the flag rules post, are they doing something wrong?

just curious

jerry

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

Grizly-Triker wrote:
Have seen flags on the back of bikes and i'm wanting some for my ride... need suppliers and websites... Thanks:):):)
http://wingstuff.com/search_list.php?searchval=SBAMA2011R&x=21&y=13

http://wingstuff.com/search_list.php?searchval=RIPFST01&x=14&y=14

I have this set up and I am very happy with it. The flag is heavier duty than most. They have a cross stich that goes diagonally across the corners to help hold it together. The pole mounts to the top trunk rack, and is installed easily in a couple of minutes.

I have had mine for over a month now, and travel at freeway speeds plus some and it is still in great shape. The pole folds down, so when you put your cover on it, it stays out of the way.

Hope this helps.

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Check Cyclemax.com

Much better prices.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

http://store.sspflags.com/ i just got some flags from theses guys 18 bucks with shipping they fit on the lip of the top box there a big flag 18 inches by 12

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Flag rules was just for Info... only...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.