Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

superbrightleds.com has some that will work with incandescant OR leds, should you decide to convert to led's.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I just went to napa and bought this one...
Tridon Stant EP 28
15.29 works with leds...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Tridon Stant EP 28
15.29 works with leds...
Have you installed it yet? Ihad to modify to connector to get a non-OEM flasher connected.

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

gonna have to, yes... its a different pin layout. Correct technically, but the stock connector is a different size...

I am waiting for my bulbs to arrive, will do it at that time...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

hmmm. its labeled as turn signal, dont know if it does four way or not. I would imagine it does...

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Tim, the 4-way and the signal flasher are the same. If you need one right away you could swap them until you can find one.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

hm, thats a new wrinkle... I am converting to led's and have the compatible flasher but now I need another one for the 4 ways?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Tridon Stant EP 28
15.29 works with leds...
I just installed the 2-prong model and it works great with the led 1156 bulbs I just put in the rear turn signals. It's heavy duty too and I only had to wrap it with some electrical tape to make it fat enough to fit the rubber holder. Got some led 1157 ambers on the way from an ebay buy for the fronts.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

timbuck wrote:
Will the cancellation still work with the four way flasher in its place.
Yes it will. The cancel is done by a different relay. The signal flasher and the 4-way flasher are the same part number.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
hm, thats a new wrinkle... I am converting to led's and have the compatible flasher but now I need another one for the 4 ways?
Ya, I guess that is something to think about. Personally, I've never used the 4-ways on my bike. We should get someone who's done an LED conversion to test the 4-ways. Maybe it works OK with the load from 4 bulbs. Anyone?????

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
UBarW wrote:
Tridon Stant EP 28
15.29 works with leds...
I just installed the 2-prong model and it works great with the led 1156 bulbs I just put in the rear turn signals. It's heavy duty too and I only had to wrap it with some electrical tape to make it fat enough to fit the rubber holder. Got some led 1157 ambers on the way from an ebay buy for the fronts.
Well, I just got the front 1157 led bulbs in the mail and they test fine with a regulated power supply but the flasher unit won't trip with them in. Take them out and put in the regular 1157's and everything's fine. Guess I'm gonna have to experiment with a different electronic flasher unit.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Tridon Stant EP 28
15.29 works with ledsI bought one of those ,Howdo you Wire it up .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.