Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my bike currently has Drag Specialties floor boards with Heel/Toe shift. I'm installing a DMC sidecar mount so the boards gotta go. The right side is the one really needed.
1987 GL1200 Aspencade Right Step Area.jpg

Looks like 1987 is a unique year for the right side but the left is the same for 86 & 87. I don't know "how" the right side is Unique so an 86 might work.
Thanks
OC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've gotten some good pegs off FleaBay. Arrived today and fit.

Potential scam warning, I received an email from some calling themselves Jeff Mills, [email protected] , through this site. After a couple emails back and forth I decided it was fishy. First I had to ask twice what the asking price, Next he first offered them for a cool $100, I countered at $50 and he immediately said "
It’s okay then
$50 is fine, please send me your complete shipping address and PayPal is fine I would send you the PayPal info now "

Then is sent this "
Here is the PayPal to make the payment to
[email protected]

Kindly let me know when you make the payment as to confirm and proceed with your shipment.

NB: I don't accept Payment on hold as this might delay shipping, just make the payment as family and friends. Once I receive payment I'll proceed with it and send your tracking number, I'll be sending through USPS priority mail. And don’t forget to make the payment as family and friends, screenshot the payment and let me know as soon as you’ve done it

Thanks." My Spidey senses are already tingly.

Note the PP account is someone else's name a James Kariuk. Humm.......
I don't use PP much but have never bought something even from a private party the request this "family and friends". Just the feel of that message comes off at best a Business. But I suspect F&F cash from my account is immediately gone and no take backs.

Next within 1minute I get this from Jeffy boy, "I hope you got the PayPal info, read carefully and let me know when you’re done with the payment so I can continue with the shipping process immediately "

I'm well past sending this guy even a dime, but I did ask about the difference in PP name and his supposed name.
Then I got this "Yeah it’s my secretary PayPal info, as soon as you make the payment my secretary would confirm the payment and I would proceed with the shipping process immediately "

Yeah right. And I'd asked several times for a picture of the drives pegs. Here is what he sent me on the last message.

Well I was tired of this nonsense so I unambiguously ended the transaction.

So Jeff Mills if you are a real person with real parts for sell I apologize. But your online HARD PUSH for PP data and using F&F, using a different PP account, and only sending a picture after several request and then the wrong part, really makes me feel your not real.
OC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts