Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just got me a new project bike for my wife. It is an 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition and I need some parts really really bad. The first one is the Engine computer. (it got sold off of it just before I bought it) If someone out there has PLEASE PM me ASAP thanks :?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

There's a Smitty somewhere in Texas that did have one. In fact, I think he's a member here. First name may be Al??!!

Keep checking Ebay, too. I have one, but the software (firmware) seems to be creamed. It died during a storm. In fact, it's apart, and I probably lost half the hardware.

Just found it. It's Al Smith Ph 830-560-1872

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the update. I would also like to find new vinyl layovers for the trip computer for 2 bikes if you know of any.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Sorry about the inlays. Don't have a clue, other than a jpg picture. Probably expensive to get made, but that would be doable, if you could find a place to do just that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Finally got a ECU for wifes bike it runs really good.

Now to find a vector version of the overlays for the Trip computers. Anyone know where to get one? I just came from my graphic people and if I can get a vector version of the template they can do it a lot cheaper than recreating the graphic from a tif. Does any one have a vector version of this?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hey Flash, you can convert your JPG to a vector in some different programs. One is Photoshop, made by Adobe. The other is called Coreldraw. These programs are used in the ptg and advertising fields. Try that and let us know. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.