Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As the title says.Im looking to get my 83 aspy up and running.I just dont feel like rebuilding the motor thats in it.Sat for 10 years and the carbs are destroyed..lol..SAo just lookin to get one do minor work and bolt in.

Or if anyone knows where to find em other then the usual craigslist or ebay.Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I live in Mass, if you only need carbs, PM me. 1983 GL1100s Aspys are one year only, meaning harder to find a motor.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Also be aware that folks are buying up the 83 engines for the taller gears in them to put in their older 1100's. Like mine 82, I'd love to find a nice 83 engine to put in it for the higher gears which equates to higher gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Also be aware that folks are buying up the 83 engines for the taller gears in them to put in their older 1100's. Like mine 82, I'd love to find a nice 83 engine to put in it for the higher gears which equates to higher gas mileage.
save your money. the 82 and 83 have the same gears JB

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Are you sure the 1982 and 1983 the same? Honda literature states they changed the gears in 1983. They say "Taller gearing".

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Gearing differences between the 83 and older models.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Are you sure the 1982 and 1983 the same? Honda literature states they changed the gears in 1983. They say "Taller gearing".
My bad. JB

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

JBz wrote:
sandcastcb750 wrote:
My bad. JB
Heehehehe, don't worry about it. we all make mistakes. When ever I make a statement I always try to have the facts to back it up with. This time I checked the Honda service manual after the fact but it all worked out anyways. :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

sandcast i haven't dug into the motor.im just nervous because it sat for so long and when i pulled the spark plugs it was FULL with fluid.Each cylinder.didn't smell like motor oil or anything distinctive.and had a slight fuel smell....REALLY weird...lol..reddish tint too.Ive never used mystery oil so i couldn't tell ya if it was it...lol.it was seized but after throwin it in 5th and rockin the crap out of it for a little bit it got free.I just didnt want to throw a TON of money into it.but i guess ill start tearin into it and see where i am.Just tough with no garage and it being 2 degree's out..lol

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

So does the "taller gearing "come from the drive unit at the rear wheel? If so just swap the drive for an 83 model . !!! (if this works then I will do the same)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

if you were closer i would check it out and give ya cash on hand but...lol...i have no idea really.id say 500 would be pushin it.but again i dont know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.