Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hondaline made a two point style crash bar, highway bar, engine guard, whatever you want to call it. I have one set on my dressed bike but would like to put the same ones on my naked wing.

The three point factory bars that wrap around the valve covers don't leave me enough room for my feet and i always bruise my shins on them.

If any of you have an extra pair laying around or know where I could find some please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hondaline made a two point style crash bar, highway bar, engine guard, whatever you want to call it. I have one set on my dressed bike but would like to put the same ones on my naked wing.

The three point factory bars that wrap around the valve covers don't leave me enough room for my feet and i always bruise my shins on them.

If any of you have an extra pair laying around or know where I could find some please let me know.

Thanks
Did you find something yet? If so, maybe this info can also help more.
I have an 81 GL1100I with those dang 'engine guards'. They are NOT real crash bars. All they are doing is protecting the engine. They don't protect much else on your machine, nor do they protect you much either. What you need is a full set of crash bars. They extend straight out from the frame about a foot, then curve down toward the ground, and then have a slight slope of the bar where it begins to turn to the frame. These can even keep your leg from being pinned between a car bumper and your machine if hit broadside. (See my recent post today in Riding Without Crash Bars - GL1100 Interstate) I keep hearing where the bars of the 80 model GW do extend out. I have been asking about full crash bars for my Interstate, but haven't gotten any good info yet. I just sent a question to a guy that said he did have a set that he had put on his 80 from a 79, and I believe that they will also fit my 81.
Consider this thinking as I think it is more of what you need. Since you have a 'naked' GW, you might be able to find several of the older sets you can fit onto your machine. Just measure the width of bars to see if you can make them work on your machine.
Good luck, Dave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.