Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, all:
I'm looking for either a half set (left or right) or complete set of tubes that connect any year GL1100 carburetors to the heads. Any condition is OK - cracked/broken boots, corrosion, deep scratches are all OK. They just need to have no major structural issues, like cracks in the aluminum portion or broken tabs. I don't need the clamps or attaching hardware.

If anybody has any old ones laying around please contact me directly with your asking price and approximate shipping to Georgia, USA.

Thanks,

DA

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,226 Posts
I got couple of usable sets hanging around that you can have for just shipping, but I'm just a little weary of someone who has been a member for 5 years and is only just now getting around to his first post, right when he needs something.

Moderator, is this guy legit?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,800 Posts
his IP address matches his claimed location of Canton, GA.
his username does not instill a lot of confidence for me.
his email address though, seems to be very real, a first and last name.
sent you a PM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
his IP address matches his claimed location of Canton, GA.
his username does not instill a lot of confidence for me.
his email address though, seems to be very real, a first and last name.
sent you a PM.
Can't blame y'all for wanting to check me out. I've been mostly a lurker for a long time. I'll be happy to provide any proof of legitimacy that you want. Hate to be the guy who just asks for stuff...never needed to ask before now...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't blame y'all for wanting to check me out. I've been mostly a lurker for a long time. I'll be happy to provide any proof of legitimacy that you want. Hate to be the guy who just asks for stuff...never needed to ask before now...
Here's the profile pic, if that helps:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got couple of usable sets hanging around that you can have for just shipping, but I'm just a little weary of someone who has been a member for 5 years and is only just now getting around to his first post, right when he needs something.

Moderator, is this guy legit?
Please let me know if I can provide anything to prove I'm real. Don't expect you to provide someetihng for nothing, and I'm happy to prove I am who I am. Here's a link to my ride's profile:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please let me know if I can provide anything to prove I'm real. Don't expect you to provide someetihng for nothing, and I'm happy to prove I am who I am. Here's a link to my ride's profile:
And, FWIW, I used DrummingAncient as a handle, because one of the loves of my life is percussion, and I'm turning 70 in March.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,800 Posts
And, FWIW, I used DrummingAncient as a handle, because one of the loves of my life is percussion, and I'm turning 70 in March.
that makes a lot of sense, you would have been really helpful to have made an introduction post with all of the pictures and your background...
that would have dispelled a lot of questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that makes a lot of sense, you would have been really helpful to have made an introduction post with all of the pictures and your background...
that would have dispelled a lot of questions.
Yeah. My bad. I'll do that, after I get some shuteye. It's my bedtime.

Dennis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, I just posted an intro. Sorry it took so long. So many times some people feel that they don't have much to offer a community, and I tend to be one of those people.

Let me know if you want to let me have one of those tube sets.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,226 Posts
If you're the guy that rebuilt that bike from a rusty hulk, then you have more than you know to offer this forum, don't be so shy in the future.

email sent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts