Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Would you like to purchase a headlight cover for your GL1100 Hondaline fairing?

• Absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possible Maybe

• Depends on Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm looking for a replacement headlight cover for my bike. Mine was cracked, now it is broken. Web research indicated that it is an aftermarket part either sold by Drag (Specialties?) or Markland. If Drag, the part number might have been 710267.

If I can't locate one, I'm looking into having one fabricated at a plastics place. Who else might be interested in purchasing one if I can get some produced?

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

It was made by Drag Specialties. I got one off Ebay in 2007. It was still new in fairly beat up original box with all the attaching parts. I don't have the part number anymore. Think I just lucked out, haven't seen one again. Total cost was $43.00.

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

OK Fabricator #1 says they can't form it into the convex shape.

I found someone else that can, though, and they said they are willing to undertake the project.

Although they can make the covers out of polycarb or lexan, which are tougher, they also scratch easier than acrylic, which I think will work fine. Acrylic seem to be what the old one is.

The Price???

$31.50, each plus shipping.

The catch: This would be the acrylic lens only. NO rubber gasket, standoffs, or mounting hardware.

BUT...I only have 3 people interested and the price I got is if I ordered 10. I suppose I could eBay the rest....

Whatcha think, people? Who's in?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

can you post a picture Joe of yours . The one I have is flat with chrome trim around the outer edges. Maybe mine is homemade?/ JB

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

You can't see the curve in the picture but I have a side view if needed. It has a rubber gasket around the edge and the top two screws have rubber "standoffs" between the fairing and the cover.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.