Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for the 2 knobs that unlock the Helmet Holders through the trunk of my GL1500. The holders can be unlocked with a common screwdriver, but it would be nice to have the knobs instead. I bought the bike used and they were gone. Thanks, Jack:15magenta:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

They're still available from the dealer and are very inexpensive. Looks like they list the same part number for '88 - '00, only checked an '88 & 2000 fiche. If the knobs are gone, the rods may be too, or they may be loose in the trunk bottom cover area.

Knob, Helmet Holder- 50712-MN5-000 - $2.50 each
Rod, Helmet Holder - 50713-MN5-000 - $4.00 each

They're in the engine guard section of the fiche.

John

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

link to fiche? Plus, since I have an Interstate (one lock, can another lock be added to the left side. It has a plug where the knob would reside. Thanks...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select.aspis theone I used, but I've found most Honda dealer sites have it.

I don't see why you couldn't add a second one. If the hole is there and the mount point, it should be a piece of cake. What year is your Interstate? I looked up the '92 and it shows 2 helmet locks. They have the same part number for the right and left too.

Holder Assy, Helmet - 50710-MN5-000 - $23.62
and I think this is the screw,
Screw-Washer (6x12) - 93893-06012-07 - $2.50

John

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

da_bull wrote:
link to fiche? Plus, since I have an Interstate (one lock, can another lock be added to the left side. It has a plug where the knob would reside. Thanks...
Yep, can be added real easy. I added one to my 94' Interstate.

I totaled the bike about a year ago, and parted it out. PM me your snail mail and if I can find it, I will send it to you.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Hey John,

Its a 91I. I has the plug cover where the lever should be and I am about 99.943456% sure there is an opening in the bottom of the trunk where the lock would be. I need to tear into it a little more.

Evenin' Sonny,

You have a PM.

Thanks guys...

Bill

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks, I did find them in the Service Honda Fiche and they are very inexpensive. Enjoy the Ride.

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.