Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am having troubles with my J&M HS-8146-OF headset. I am picking up engine noise on the drivers mike. J&M suggested I need a noise cancelling mike. Does anyone have one for sale or trade? Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

WHAT MODEL WING DO YOU HAVE ??? Can you put it in your profile ,,If it is an 1800 ,there was a problem with the 2001 2002 wings ,,Let us know ,,are you picking up engine whine in the headset?? or engine noise ?? You may need a ground loop isolator ,( I am sure that is what it is called ) ,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have an 83 GL1100 Aspencade. It seems to be engine noise or wind noise. When I put my hand over the microphone it gets quieter so it is not internal noise coming through the intercom/radio system.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Are you using this headset on the stock Clarion intercom set-up? If so, you may get rid of it by raising the sensitivity of the unit. J&M will tell you anything to sell you a more expensive headset!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi I am not well up on the 1100 ,but if it is the same as the 1500 and the 1800 and you just want to listen to music,,if you turn down the intercom ,it will stop the noise from the mic ,other than that all you can do is to get a heavier wind sock on the mic ,or go to the expense of putting on a mic mute ,The mic mute cuts out the wind noise while you are not talking ,but as soon as you talk the wind noise will be picked up until you stop talking and the mic mute kicks in ,,

I know this might sound stupid ,but make sure your mic is facing the right way with the holes facing you ,,You would not believe the amount of wingers who have the mic turned outwards ,,here is a website for mic mutes .

www.mic-mutes.com cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

WE are having trouble because we can not hear each other talk I have check the intercom volume. the mute volume etc. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forums, shayne625:waving: Can you hear yourselves talking in the headsets? Try also swapping headsets from front and rear or better yet a third headset.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

salars wrote:
I am having troubles with my J&M HS-8146-OF headset. I am picking up engine noise on the drivers mike. J&M suggested I need a noise cancelling mike. Does anyone have one for sale or trade? Thanks for your reply.
Are you using a "wind sock" ?? If not get a set and use them. They don't cost more than $5.00 or so fo the set. They eliminate most environmental noise.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Try cutting the finger off a rubber glove and slipping it over your windsock, or a piece of a latex balloon, works for my backseater. Her mike was picking up wind noise and that's all it took.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.