Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have tried to find these all over the internet and since I do not know what you call them for sureI am having one difficult time trying to run them down.

The left side pocket has a soft leather cover that snaps into the faring. Mine only has the four corners to secure it. I am trying to locate more of the "snap pins" that screw into the fairing so the leather cover can be secured by more than the four corners.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and does anyone know where I can find a source for these other than mother Honda. I have looked through several of the Parts Manuals that are on-line and I cannot find out what they call these things.

Please help
I tried to attach a picture from the parts catelog (under air duct for GL1500SE) but I guess I am a bit techniphobic in my old age.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
imported post

Search the internet for "Snap Fastener Standard Screw"
You can get kits that have both parts of the snap and add them to your cover.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks very much - you wouldn't happen to know what size these things are. I got several hits on the internet but there appears to be a huge selection of sizes and I wouldn't know where to begin to measure the snap from in order to determine the size.

Yeah I know a bit duh on my part - but I never thought I would be looking for something like this for a motorcycle either.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

Check Your local craft store, or a sewing shop. I just replaced a few on my 93'. Easy. Remember to get the set tool when you buy the snaps.

======Just found the pack, they are 5/8"

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

I went to a local bike gathering and there was a lady there that replaced the one that broke on the saddle bag on my VTX. She was going to charge me like fifty cents. I gave her a five. The bags were a thousand bucks so it was MORE than worth it. A leather goods store might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I stand in wonder as to how great this forum truely is. I kid you guys not - I have been looking for these things for over 12 months (all last summer and most of the winter). I am one of those stubburn types that can not ask for directions because I figure I will get there eventually -anyway half the fun is in getting there right?- you guys just proved me wrong.

Thank you so very much from all of you. I bet I have this thing fixed by the end of thisweekend.

Who would have ever thought it -go to acraft store for a motorcycle part that is almost impossible to find-shear genius I tell you. I'll be dropping by the local place this afternoon and if I can't get them there the link385 providedcan get me a ton of them for a song and a dance.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

SaiBeer wrote:
I stand in wonder as to how great this forum truely is. I kid you guys not - I have been looking for these things for over 12 months (all last summer and most of the winter). I am one of those stubburn types that can not ask for directions because I figure I will get there eventually -anyway half the fun is in getting there right?- you guys just proved me wrong.

Thank you so very much from all of you. I bet I have this thing fixed by the end of thisweekend.

Who would have ever thought it -go to acraft store for a motorcycle part that is almost impossible to find-shear genius I tell you. I'll be dropping by the local place this afternoon and if I can't get them there the link385 providedcan get me a ton of them for a song and a dance.
Yeah, can you imigine?????? I go to the local discount place and or Harbor Freight to buy M/C stuff too. Horns, lights, cup holders, it never seems to end. You might like to join this site too. It pretty incredible. http://crapmods.com/phpBB3/ And if you think you mat want to go to the darkside try this site. http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/ Good luck!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

If you have trouble finding them in a reasonable quantity, PM me. I think I had to buy 100 when I needed them. I have spares. :):merrysanta:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Sidecar Mike;
Thanks very much for the ultra kind offer. I hope to find these locally but if I don't expect a PM.
:bow:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
If you have trouble finding them in a reasonable quantity, PM me. I think I had to buy 100 when I needed them. I have spares. :):merrysanta:
Kind of gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I have a 1982 Interstate with a 10-snap hard pouch. I went to a craft store to find some buttons to fit the pouch but they only carried 5/8" and that was too large. The diameter of the studs is approximately 1/4". Any idea where to find the matching buttons to fabricate my own cover? Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
I have a 1982 Interstate with a 10-snap hard pouch. I went to a craft store to find some buttons to fit the pouch but they only carried 5/8" and that was too large. The diameter of the studs is approximately 1/4". Any idea where to find the matching buttons to fabricate my own cover? Thanks
Welcome to the forum weddingshooter

You would have been better to start a new post than tack onto a old thread.

Have you tried an upholstery shop? Or their Supply house?

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I got mine at one of the local Jo-Anne Fabric Stores, pretty cheap and easy to install.

The piece that goes on the "Leather" cover has to be pinched over to hold. Harbor Freight has a Grommet kit that I bought, which also worked well on setting the top snap on these, and many other uses.......

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Any boat or auto upholstery shop should have a good supply of them, would probably install them for next to nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.