Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the very bottom peicethat goes below the side bags across the back and afew inches along the sides. this is plastic. Black is what I need but will take any color. Also need a knob for radio ,just one or a set of five chrome ones if you have them used.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
As you likely know, these are a Hondaline accessory, usually dealer installed. They are not listed in the microfiche parts catalogs. Mine was broken when an Accord tried to mate with me at a stop light. I finally came up with a repair solution as I couldn't find a replacement. Good luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
What was your repair solution.? Taking it off??LOL
Thought about it!

I really wanted to keep it because they are uncommon and I like the way it looks. So I had two things wrong. This attaches with two bolts that come down thru the saddle bags on the forward tips. There are also two bolts that come thru the fender from the wheel well into bosses that are glued to the backside on the air dam in the middle.

Well, mine had flexed and cracked (not completely broken thru) on the left side about two inches back from the forward mounting hole. I drizzled just a bit of ABS glue in the crack and then used one of Rudy's ABS repair kits to put a doubler plate behind the cracked area. Out of sight and very stiff.

Both of the bosses that bolt to the fender were broken off and one broken in half. I didn't think that regluing these would hold up. I didn't want to through bolt this as the GL1500 is known for not having exposed bolts. Thought about this for a while and searched several sources before I found a solution. I bought it as an Add-On branded product but they don't seem to carry it any more. Anyway, it's a scrolling message board. Seems corny but the mounting holes were spaced just the right amount and no bolt holes show. I tied it in to the brake lights and programmed "SLOW DOWN" but also have tried "CAUTION BRAKE" and "DONT HIT ME"

Note this is not the whole registration plate frame. Just a one inch high by six inch long panel. I also have a high mount brake light from Sound Off Signal that, had I seen it first, would have probably used that instead. Like I said, the sign is a bit more flashy/cheesy/corny than I am accustomed to. Not sure if it makes idiots pay attention or not but the price was right if it works just once and it fixed the air dam problem. I made some spacers out of plastic sleeves from the hardware store to make up for the missing bosses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.