Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a saddlebag lid for the right side on a 1984 GL1200A. Mine blew off today and the jacka** in the truck behind me swerved so he would hit it. It landed right in the middle of the lane and he actually swerved over into the other lane to hit it.

Mine is metallic Beige. If anyone has one that they want to sell, please let me know. I will be checking all the salvage sites also.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Oh great, just shows how my day is going.

When I made that post, it ended up being post #

666 :p

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Guess you didn't see that thread on the importance of Lid ropes. Well I won't say I told you so.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Did you give him the Kalifornia wave:X

I would made sure he ended up with some saliva on his windshield;)

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Go ahead..... Let the comments fly......... I have been telling my wife for some time now that I was going to install lid lanyards.

No, I did not give him one of these :2finger: I was too busy trying to get stopped so I could get off and get the lid. I tried to catch up to him but I did not see which way he went. If I would have caught up to him, I'd.................................

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
Go ahead..... Let the comments fly......... I have been telling my wife for some time now that I was going to install lid lanyards.

No, I did not give him one of these :2finger: I was too busy trying to get stopped so I could get off and get the lid. I tried to catch up to him but I did not see which way he went. If I would have caught up to him, I'd.................................
You know Chris, your avatar still shows a right lid in place. You might think of changing that before Redwing catches you!!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Damnit Brojees, am I gonna have to give you some schoolin'?

That is the LEFT side of the bike you seein the photo. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
Damnit Brojees, am I gonna have to give you some schoolin'?

That is the LEFT side of the bike you seein the photo. :gunhead:
I was looking in the morror!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hello 1984GL1200A :waving:Im sorry about your mishap. :( That truck driver wont have much luck if thats the kind of antics he takes part in. :whip:My neighbour has the right side pannier and lid for a :15red:but i guess thats not much good to you. :shakehead: Hope you get one soon. :byebye:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I was watching one on eBay but it ended today. I was over helping my neighbor install his new sidewalks and forgot all about the auction. By the time I remembered and got home, the auction was over. I was wanting to get one and have it on before going to the meet on the 15th. I have found the paint. Now, I just need the lid.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
imported post

You might want to try Auction Sniper. It bids for you in the last 5 seconds up to your max bid. Fees are next to nothing and if under $2 fees in the month then no pay til you hit that or 3 months, whichever comes first. I use it all the time, miss some but win most things I am after, either that or they sell for way more than I am willing to bid. Works great when you are not going to be near the computer and don't want to bid an item up early.

http://auctionsniper.com/default.aspx

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Looks like I'll be attending the meet with a broken lid. All the salvage yards that I have contacted want $125.00 plus shipping for just a lid. :realshocked: :realshocked: :realshocked: :realshocked:

I thought these were made of plastic not gold.....

There is one on eBay right now with a bid of $39. Guess I will watch that one and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
imported post

I just talked to my local bike breaker. He does not have your color, but has 3 lids. $85 cdn plus shipping. If you want one with the rack on top its an extra $20.

New Life Cycle
Williams Lake, BC
250-392-2442

He is a great guy to deal with and I would help ya with shipping etc if neccesary.
If you call him, tell him Tim Pennell sent ya. Also if I was to pick it up for you, cash generally works to avoid taxes ;)

Tim

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

We have over two thousand members on this forum, :clapper:there must be someone out there with a right hand side lid for a :12grey:Come on members pull out the stops, one of our family is looking forthe right handside lid. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Wildcat wrote:
I just talked to my local bike breaker. He does not have your color, but has 3 lids. $85 cdn plus shipping. If you want one with the rack on top its an extra $20.

New Life Cycle
Williams Lake, BC
250-392-2442

He is a great guy to deal with and I would help ya with shipping etc if neccesary.
If you call him, tell him Tim Pennell sent ya. Also if I was to pick it up for you, cash generally works to avoid taxes ;)

Tim
Thanks Tim, let me see what this eBay auction brings. It is over in 4 days and 22 hours. I have to be extremely careful with $$$ right now as I have been out of work for over 2 months and living on unemployment. :(

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

[align=left]A special howdy :waving:and a greatbigthanks goes outto one of our new members jlara which has been a member since the 21st of September and has never posted. He emailed me and he is sending me a R/H saddlebag lid for my wing free of charge.[/align]

[align=center]:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:[/align]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.