Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for someone in the Florida area with a working CB for a GL1200, I have one on my bike that I am trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it is locked up and will not change channels, transmit or receive. If you are in the Florida area and can help me pin down which part on mine is acting up, please PM me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Hollar at Tricky, him and wayne where really working on their cb's at Calhoun I was impressed with how fast they where going at it.
Ride Safe, Ray

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

If you don't find what you need, you can contact

Sierra Electronics

and have them repair it for you.

They have an excellent reputation on the forum here.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I am trying to pin down wither it is the head unit or the transceiver, that way I know which piece to send out for repair. I have gotten it down to those two units.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

I would suggest either go on there site and email them with your question, or call them and ask if it's better to send both peices or just the one you think is not working. Maybe the price would be the same for both or just one. Good Luck. :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi Flash, I forgot to mention what company I was talking about. It is Sierra Electronics, of Troy, Ohio. Their Phone # 1-800-338-6938. Their Web site is www.sierra-mc.com. Hope this helps. :waving:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

If you are talking about the CB it is all contained in the unit. There are not any other compents to it.

However it sounds like your handlebar switch. If you can't change channels that would be my first check. These gum up over time with the grease they put in them. You can start by spraying some contact cleaner in the switch, but I had to crack mine apart and clean with a brush and solvent. Then I glued it back together. Works like new now.

You can test the switch with a Ohm meter to see if it is working.

After that I would check all the other connections to make sure they are clean.

After that if you are still having issues with channels and transmit You will most likely need to send in the CB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.