Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a starter for my 1982 1100A. My stuck starter clutch busted the end housing on the starter and the main ring gear just spins in the housing.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
can you post a pic of the broken parts ? i maybe able to help with replacement parts (used) . if no one has a starter.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need the head end or engine end housing.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
1100 starter

I have a good one off an 80. I've checked the brushes-cleaned the commutator and greased the rear gears.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a good one off an 80. I've checked the brushes-cleaned the commutator and greased the rear gears.
That one appears in the pictures to mount slightly different. How much?

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
1100 starter

Same as on my 82 interstate.

$75 plus priority shipping.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Starters are the same on all 1100's.
all so the 1000 starter can be used . its just a bit longer in the end cap(brush end) other end is the same as the 1100 . are you sure that you didn`t loose the set pin on the outter ring to starter case?

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the head end case is busted

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Is this what you need?

If so give me a call before 1:am tonight (Thursday) or after 9:am tomorrow(Friday) with your address and I'll drop it in the mail right away and you can cover shipping later. I don't want anything for it, was just going to toss it in the recycling bin. Just cover the shipping cost.

Edit; I guess it would help if I included my friggin number. 414-four 9 one-four 2 zero 3

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Is this what you need?

If so give me a call before 1:am tonight (Thursday) or after 9:am tomorrow(Friday) with your address and I'll drop it in the mail right away and you can cover shipping later. I don't want anything for it, was just going to toss it in the recycling bin. Just cover the shipping cost.

Edit; I guess it would help if I included my friggin number. 414-four 9 one-four 2 zero 3
broke winger
a most generous offer. :claps:

from what i gather in his post`s , that`s what he needs.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats correct. broke winger has been generous enough to send that piece to me. thanks Taylor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.