Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

looking far a used torsion suspension basic frame trailer.

want to build my own popup with it.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

maybe just go to harbor freight and pick up a trailer from them its not a torsion axle suspension its a leaf spring they will pull almost exactly the same

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
imported post

I would also consider a Harbor Freight trailer as a foundation to build off of. All it takes is a little imagination.

Brian

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

nice trailer is that a harbor freight one.
i thought that the leaf spring one tend to bounce at highway speed.
or is that just a sales gimik

russ

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
imported post

It is a HF trailer as far as the springs go I removed one of the leafs I took one out. I did some checking around and asked some questions almost everyone said to remove a leaf and lower the pressure in the tires. I have pulled it around town a couple of times did not know it was there. We hope to use it alot this year, I just built it last fall and have not had a chance to properly break it in.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i did the same with mine cant even feel it

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
imported post

I built one with leaf springs and it pulls great! If you bounce, it probably is because you are riding on a bouncy road, or perhaps going too fast for conditions? Adding load or length to the tongue will help out with both bounce or excess sway based on my own experience.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I guess I'm the lucky one here...My motorcycle pop up camper came with torsion supension from the factory...I put it behind my Jeep, after I bought new tires and pulled it down the road..It never bounced, unless I hit a bad spot in the road......Now I do also have a Northern Tools 5ft X 8ft drop tailgate trailer too, that trailer, even loaded with my GoldWing when I took it to the shop, bounced all over the place?????...So the advise of removing a spring and the other tips you have gotten, may work great for pulling it behind your Wing....

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

hey Magicruss if you haven't bought your trailer yet check out northern tools for your trailer frame. They have great products, are cheaper than harbor freight and they have free shipping on their trailer kits. I am looking to buy one very soon to build my own trailer for my wing. I recommend getting the kit with the 12" wheels as they trail better and the 8" tires are expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks dean i looked at hf they are justa couple hundred under what i can order a torsion frame for so i will look at northern tool.

russ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.