Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Been scouring the internet for trunk rails for my 83 Interstate, has anyone seen them for sale on any of the Wing Bling sites.

See some on E-Bay once and awhile and usually get out bid on them or they are too far away and the vendor wants to kill me on freight up here to the hinterland.

Give me a shout out if you have seen any.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys
Both of those are for the lights and say "Trunk Rails sold separately".
Somewhere out their in the Goldwing universe, some merchant should still have rails for sale

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I would like one of those too, but I dont want the Premo Price tag. They are a rare find it seems.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I have a piece that is very similar to picture just above but it has little plastic gl wing emblems on either side,it looks almost new but it does not seem to fit a gl1100 ,That is I can't seem to figure out where it goes , too big to go around trunk and too small to go around bags ??? Maybe goes to a gl 1200??? ANYONE KNOW ?? I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT ...need to get a picture.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi Silverwing, do you want new or used. Or take what you can find?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

After seeing the price of the new ones I can see why they go for a decent price on E-bay.
I think I will look for used or take what I can get.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

You're right they are very pricey i have a 1500 and new they cost $220.00 i found them on e-bay bran new $30.00.You just have to at the right place at the right time.I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
imported post

i have a 83 aspencade parts bike

there a bit rusty i need a couple pieces off them for my 83 interstate

i'm in SE WI send me an email add i can send you a pic

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Don't buy new!!! I bought mine all messed up but I took it to plating place, updater all the lights to LEDs, both saddle and trunk. and it now new and the cost it half of what you will pay for the new ones.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Silverwinger wrote:
After seeing the price of the new ones I can see why they go for a decent price on E-bay.
I think I will look for used or take what I can get.
Buy it from the yard and have it re-chromed that's what I did and updated all the light to LEDs even more lights, both saddle and light bars, with saddle and trunk light rail, it cost me half of what you will pay for new and mine turned out new coz all the lights are new and the bars and rails were re-chromed

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
I have a piece that is very similar to picture just above but it has little plastic gl wing emblems on either side,it looks almost new but it does not seem to fit a gl1100 ,That is I can't seem to figure out where it goes , too big to go around trunk and too small to go around bags ??? Maybe goes to a gl 1200??? ANYONE KNOW ?? I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT ...need to get a picture.
Sounds like the trunk piece for a 1200.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
picasso wrote:
Sounds like the trunk piece for a 1200.
I was told that similar parts from 1100 to1200 are a bit smaller, most likely the best comparison of parts and interchangeability of parts are the ones from 1000i or 1100a, again from what i was told.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

correction, not from gl1000 but the better parts interchangeability is from the 81 GL1100 than GL1200. Sorry

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.