Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone know where to get a decent U.S. Flag for the Motorcycle ariel?

I have a Canadian Flag that measures 9 inches wide by 5 3/4 inches tall. The American flag I fly is much smaller. I want to even it up for proper Flag etiquette.

I looked in Florida last winter to no avail. We are going to Myrtle Beach S.C. in November for 2 weeks and would like to look there also.

I am unable to locate a Canadian M/C flag as small as my U.S. one.

Need a decent flag that does not fray easily.

Attachments

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Here is a Pic of the U.S. Flag I fly. Much smaller.

Attachments

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Not sure of a US equal but I have found plastic luggage tags 2 1/2" x 4" at the dollar store that are the Canadian flag.I glued them back to back & have them on my antenna. :waving:

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

If you could, would you post a Pic of your Canadian Flag on the ariel?

TIA.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Those look like exactly what I want. Thanks

I sent him a message about shipping and paying by US fundsVisa for 2 flags Can and US. Both are same size.

Have your flags held up well for Fraying?

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i dont have the canadian flag, only the union jack and the dixie flag, they been on over a year and have'nt started fraying yet, i would say the quality is good

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the reply. The Can flag you see in the Pic on here has been on the bike for 3 weeks including a 5,000 KM jaunt to New Brunswick. Didn't hold up well at all.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
imported post

Have you tried CycleMax in Ohio? He carries a large selection of various flags. Here's a link - www.cyclemaxohio.com

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Got the flags and great quality, they should last a long time.

Just having a bit of a problem putting the flag over the lower nutof the CB ariel. Have put a post on this siteabout it. Awaiting an answer from the experts.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
imported post

Hi Bob,

I may be wrong about this, but seem to recall reading a number of posts which say that putting the flags on the aerial isn't a good idea, as it results in the aerial breaking:shock:.

Anyone else confirm this?

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

I think it is alright as long as it flys at the lowest point. I haven't had a problem yet with other flags I have flown.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Looks like both your Canadian and US flags should be retired. Jluvs2dive broke an antenna by attaching a flag to it on his 1200 if I remember right. Ride behind someone who has a flag attached to their antenna and you can see how much vibration that adds. I think it's worse on the CB antenna with it's center loading coil that causes it to shake more violently than the AM/FM antenna.

·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

They are both now retired and am trying to install new ones. Maybe I should just get the flag mounts for the rear carrier.Might be safer. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.