Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We purchased a used Voyager Trike Kit (Type B) that came off a HD Dresser for my 1990 Goldwing 1500 SE not realizing the extent of the differences. Heck! they both use the Type B Trike Kit! :?Does anyone possibly have the mounting kit they would be willing to sell? I have MS and have 'balance issues'... Unfortunately, until I can get the trike kit installed, no riding for me...

Thanks,
Lynna

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Lynna and Welcome to the Steve Saunders Goldwing forums . If you would post your question in the " For Sale / Wanted " forum you will have a lot more exposure there as everyone does not check into this welcome page .

I hope you are able to find the parts you need and soon be out in the breeze . Enjoy the forums and visit often .

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum remail! :waving:

I am going to move this to the For Sale/Wanted Forum for more views! ;)

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

there is one for on craigslist in greenville,sc dont know if that will help you i would imagine the shipping would be horrendous

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thank you all! SCTrucker, we are going to see if the Voyager mounting hardware kit in Greenville will work. It came from a Type C Voyager Kit and an 1800, and ours is a Type B Voyager Kit with my bike being a 1500, but you never know!

Jimmie Rabbit, we have checked with the Voyager web site and talked with their customer service. They want over $1100 for the belly plate and installation hardware, and we just can't spring for that right now. Thank you, though.

Lynna

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

I didn't give much more than that for my hole kit. The 1500 has u bolts that attach to the centerkick stand bracket. Have not instated mine yet. I did take it off of a 1500. will start on it Sunday evening after church or Monday morning. It is to hot in my shop in the middle of the day. 110* Deg. F.

I will take some photos of mine you may be able to make your on adapter. mine looks simple enough.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thank you, Rabbit. Pictures would be super! We thought that the price was a bit too much, too. I agree, working in a shop at 110 °F is too hot! Something else that would be very helpful is if you could maybe trace the outline of the parts on a piece of newspaper or something and send them to us so we could try to fabricate them. That and pictures would be fantastic and we would be sure to reimburse you for the postage.

Lynna

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

The video for installation is not for a 1500 the belly plate does attach the way the say it does.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

sorry, i could have sworn it was for a 1500, i will continue to look, i swear i found a kit or the brackets for a 1500 somewhere

ok i went back and searched till i found it, its another person LOOKING for an install kit for a 1500, sorry again

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome remail[/align]

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Thank you! It looks much different than the one we have for the HD ~ and it has more parts and pieces to the plate, too. Ummm... do you have any pics of the forks, too?

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

A work in process, had to stop and make a part I did not have. I have a 1998 mod. he kit came off a 1997 Mod. 1998-2000 There was a miner change. may have to make muffler brackets also.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.