Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need a good complete1200 CC Fuel Injected engine for a 1985 Goldwing Anniversary Edition.

Appears mine is pooched. Will travel to get it.

Please reply with price and condition.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Go to Ebay, search for 123whitey. His name is Karl Whitener, I believe. He's in San Antonio. You could use a carb engine, but a lot of mods necessary. You even have to cut a lug off top, at thermostat hsg. area. Have to change rh camshaft, etc. Definitely get a inj. engine. then, you have to deal with the larger stator, from inj. engine. I know, I've done it. Not fun. http://search.stores.ebay.com/Whiteys-Goldwing-and-Honda-parts_LTD_W0QQfciZ4QQfclZ3QQfsnZWhiteyQ27sQ20GoldwingQ20andQ20HondaQ20partsQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ65391135QQsofpZ0

Try this for starters. He should have a complete engine, I think. If not, he has plenty of parts. Good luck.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Guys for all the help. I think I will try to sell it for $4200.00 Canadian and declare what is wrong with it. It is mint other than the oil usage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I am interested in your bike. My wife damaged her '85 this summer but it has a lot of sentimental value to her and she wants it repaired. I do not care if your engine is working as long as the front end and trim is in good shape. Can you tell me a bit more about the bike?

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I have sent you a PM. Email me for more info and pictures if still interested.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks everyone for all the help and Karl's website.

I contacted Karl and he was most helpful to me. I am not all that familiar with engines and other stuff on the bike.

I have purchased a 1200 engine from him and my friend who is knowledgable on bikes is going to put it in for me.

I would recommend anyone needing parts contact Karl, he is wonderful to deal with and really helpful

http://www.whiteys-classic-wings.com/servlet/StoreFront

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Him and Debra are really great, and they are the best at communicating, and quite fast getting back to us. I wish I had more money, I'd love to get some more goodies from them. I's like to get a 84 Standard, and convert it to injection, but not in the cards, right now. Need to acquire a pop-up trailer. That's gonna eat 2k pretty quick !!!!

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I would love to take a trip down there but it seems I will have it shipped to Michigan and run over and get the motor.

Karl has a nice trailer for sale. Matches the LTD colours

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately, it's not a pop-up. Oh well, it's raining so much, it seems like we'll never camp again. LOL

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Thanks for posting that. A guy here has a RollaHome, 2000 model, with awning, for 2000.00. Wish it was the later one. They open up to the side, to gain easy access to stuff underneath. The 2000 model, has little side doors, but only little things, can be brung out through them. Otherwise, one has to set up tent, then raise bed, to get to stuff. Course, no problem, at campsite. But 2000.00 is better than 5000.00 new. Been wrestling over this purchase for a month. If I was rich, I'd just get a new one. The builder of this rig, says it's a good buy, tho. He's a very, very nice chap, indeed.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Buy it..Wingers have balls. Go for it.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Thursday, the local Nickel came out, and in it was a 82 model pop-up, for 750.00. I called him up, found out there's no stand-up dressing area, but it was in perfect shape. I said, I will call you on Sat. morn, and at your convenience, I'll come over and look. He said "OK" So, yesterday, I calls, aabout 10:00 am. He says "I sold about 1/2 hr ago" I snoozed, Ilost !!!!!!!! :(

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

That is too bad. Guess you need to make your mind up quicker. But then I have been 25 years trying to make my mind up on certain things. I snoozed, I lost too,,LOL:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Thanks for posting that. A guy here has a RollaHome, 2000 model, with awning, for 2000.00. Wish it was the later one. They open up to the side, to gain easy access to stuff underneath. The 2000 model, has little side doors, but only little things, can be brung out through them. Otherwise, one has to set up tent, then raise bed, to get to stuff. Course, no problem, at campsite. But 2000.00 is better than 5000.00 new. Been wrestling over this purchase for a month. If I was rich, I'd just get a new one. The builder of this rig, says it's a good buy, tho. He's a very, very nice chap, indeed.

Bob--If you were rich, it probably would not mean half as much to you. I think that having to agonize over our purchases makes us appreciate them more.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Thanks, Hawker. You got that right, actually. I really go the extra mile, to keep what I have, going, and looking good. Just ordered all the side emblems, for my LTD, and the front fender emblem. Already got the 2 Limited Edition emblems. Pant legs really do a number on the side ones. about 150.00 for all those. 7 of them. Thanks, again.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I need the right side "HONDA" Emblem for my fairing. The A went yellow in colour and the gold is off it. Have checked with Karl and he is checking to see if he has it. If he does, he will ship it with the motor but if he doesn't, I am stuck.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.