·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

mark3 wrote:
hi as any one got a head dowel?

The one which the head gasket fits over many thanks. [ in the UK if possible]

Mark
I assume you are talking about something like #38 in the picture below, but you haven't given us a model or year yet, so I just chose an '86 1200 for reference. More info please. :)

John

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

sorry its for a gl1100 cylinder head thats mates to the block. mark. part no 38

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Mark3,

My previous comment was a poor attempt at humour and an attempt to suggest you let us know what model you needed a dowel for.

In an attempt to redeem myself, I ran out to my garage where I have an old head off a GL1100. Unfortunately the dowels (2 of 'em) are deeply entrenched and don't want to come out. One is now egg shaped.

I did manage to measure the bugger with a micrometerbefore I did damage. The ID is 10.00mm and the outside is 11.95mm. The dowel sticks out of the head 9.0mm.

If you can measure how deep the dowel needs to go into your head, and add that to the 9.0mm that should give you the overall length required.

I am sure that with these dimensions, you could get someone with a lathe to turn one up for you.

I hope this helps.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

From the parts fiche on Honda Online parts.

PIN, DOWEL (12X20)
Part # 94301-12200

You didn't say what year yours is, but it's the same for all 4 years. The 12x20 I'm sure is outside measurments, so you should be able to get one fairly easily, and you might even be able to order it through the dealer.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.