Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for a complete Corbin seat for 1500SE, 2000. If you know of one that needs a new home please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

You might want to look at a Russel HI-MILER Seat. It's firm like the Corbin but much better looking IMHO. This review mirrors my experence with the stock Goldwing seat & the new Russel. I only have 250 miles on mine & if the wings don't break in,I may in the future address the issueon the Russel with some trimming.
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?110187-Russell-Day-Long-1-Month-Later

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

raven1300 wrote:
Looking for a complete Corbin seat for 1500SE, 2000. If you know of one that needs a new home please let me know. Thanks
Have you ridden any distance with one? My wife rides with me, and after 20 miles she hated it. It was WAY too hard on her bones.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I want one too Raven, best seats around for the 1500. Hoping for a deal during bikeweek in Daytona, they have an outlet there...

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

If you're set to sit on a Corbin, search Craig's list for goldwings for sale with a corbin seat. Ask the seller if they are willing to sell the seat seperatly with your current stock seat as part of the deal. It's worth a try....-Rich

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Had a Corbin on my first bike, Vstar 1100 and put about 28K and loved the seat. Included a Run For The Wall run.
So yes have ridden with one, don't do pass so not a concern. Looked on Craigslist and tried a couple (many) with no to negative results. Guess I should have held out for one with a corbin when I got the bike. Oh well will continure to look for one and enjoy the wing till I do. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Raven,
I found mine on ebay; paid around $220 for it. So far, I really like it as it's comfortable on long rides.
Keep watching craigslist and ebay; just never know when one will show up.

BTW: if that's your actual wing in your post then, I have its twin.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for the eyes!
ColSki, yes that is my bike on the day I picked it up.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks for the eyes!
ColSki, yes that is my bike on the day I picked it up.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

OK so I bid on this, don't like the 55 shipping but hey, we shall see!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Shipping costs have gone thru the roof. I paid $70 to have a seat shipped to me from Missiori, & paid $30 to ship a Markland backrest to Missiori.. $55 is about right using UPS.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Yeppers your right, if we want it we pay it!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Raven,

On the October ride your husband told me that if one of my halogen bulbs in my auxiliary lighting ever burned out that he had a whole box of replacement bulbs...

I am VERY likely to be out that way tomorrow... perhaps I could drop by?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Congrats on your new seat. I put my used one on just before my 13,000 mile trip last Aug. My butt finally wore in at @ 8,000 miles after putting on a Gel sheepskin pad at @4,000 miles. Now it feels like home.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I agree... there is a break in period where you butt has to reform to the shape of the seat... but I absolutely LOVE my Corbin.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Mine sucked. First it was too tall I'm 6' and still tiptoed, second It was too wide, third my bride hated it, fourth it weighed close to 30 pounds not including the backrest. Made having to remove it a real pita. I still have it but it needs recovered bad. It only got comfortable toward fuel stops on long runs then had to start over again. I found a factory color match on ebay very reasonable with the rain cover and am happy now. I sit in the bike instead of on top of it. My cg is finally right and made the sisters ride fun this time.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

txbiker, are you using the Corbin? I am not sure a bout passenger seat as I do not have one so that is not of concern with me. Glad you got the seat comfortable for you both. My stock seat is ok but I ride about 20K+ a year and stock is not it for me, ok local but not on long rides.

Redeye1620, yes I won but have not completed the transaction. REASON is that when I went to the page it take me to a pay now page and at the bottom it shows different seats for sale and one of them is the SAME picture as the one I won, pretty much the same description except the one I bid on says it came off a 2000 1500SE and the one I just saw on the pay page says it came off his brothers 1999 1500SE. So I am a bit concerned about it. Checking on it before I jump on the pay page.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Send the seller a quick note with your concerns.....
He'll respond especially if he wants to be paid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.