Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am wondering if anyone could tell me where or how to get a paint code.

I own a 1999 Goldwing GL1500.I am going to get it painted this winter and want to do a colour change.It is presently 2 tone silver and want to have it painted Yellow.

The yellow I want I saw ona 2001 Goldwing.Can anyone tell me how I would get a paint code. I have tried to find this bike again to ask the owner if I could have the paint code but haven't seen it since......
One more thing,when I get to stripping the bike as I am going to remove all plastic parts and send them to the body shop instead of the entire bike,,,how does one get all the emblems off without breaking them,lol
Please advise and thanks

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

There is a thread on here with all the paint codes, I'll go look for it and post the link if I find it.

Meanwhile try a search on paint codes, you may get lucky before I do.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I would have thought a good paint shop would be able to deal with the emblems, if you trust them, that is.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks a bunch Bob I think that is the colour I am after,I will see if I can find a swatch to look at,thanks again:blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
imported post

Hi Lindeman....
I`ve a yellov bike,2002 mod. 1800. Colourcode Y-130-PY
Beautifull, can`t beat it, go see...
Got a bike, sidecar, and trailer, all in same colour...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

One more thing,when I get to stripping the bike as I am going to remove all plastic parts and send them to the body shop instead of the entire bike,,,how does one get all the emblems off without breaking them,lol
Yes, take them all off. There are 40 or 41 pieces to paint unless you replaced a few parts with chrome replacements.

Try and not loose the plastic parts, they can get real expensive.

Emblem removal: I use a real small screw drive and slowly pry then off. After painting, I used contact cement instead ofadhesive tape.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I really like the yellow. Always end up with black bikes, though, so they are NEVER clean for more than an hour.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

To get the emblems off go to Walmarts and buy a spool of the new high tech braided fishing line in about 20 pound test. Or if you have a fishing buddy ask him for some , you only need about six feet of it.
Make sure you wear gloves, that stuff can cut to the bone in a hurry, but if you slip it between the emblem and the base part and just pull it back and forth it will slice it right off.

Kit

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

ok thanks very much everyone.I am thinking I will be starting to strip and prepare for painting in a couple weeks and will post a picture when I finally get it painted and get the bike completely put back together,thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.