Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

now that warm weather is almost here andit is cooperating for us bikers,i wanted to be the first to wish everyone here a very safe and and prosperous riding season. there are a few things we all need to remember: 1 always turn your head and look twice when changing lanes, never just trust your mirrors. 2 always use SIPDE: SCAN, IDENTIFY, PREDICT, DECIDE, AND EXECUTE. or shortened to SPA: SURVEY, PREDICT, ACT. 3 always use the head and eyes plan. look where you want to go. look through the curve as far as you can see. the bike will go where you look. 4 always use your front brake like you are shaking hands with a woman. very gently. your front brake is 80% of your stopping power. thats why there are two discs up front and only one in the back. 5 NEVER EVER NEVER RIDE AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING ALCOHOL OR DOING SOME KIND OF DRUG. and also, think twice before going on a ride where you know your bros are going somewhere to drink, even if youre not drinking.....they are! 6 THINK BEFORE YOU TWIST, the throttle. 7 dont let all of your riding gear become a false sense of security. just because you have a full faced helmet on and all the pads, and all the gear, doesnt mean its not your time to die! alright thats enuff for now. have a safe and happy riding season...rick

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the reminder and good wishes!:bat:

Bernie

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Good post,,,,, during the long winter lay up, we do tend to get a bit rusty. I have gotten out a few times and had to remind myself of looking ahead and not just at the road in front of my wheel. Pa. has the worst roads and it does cause the tendency to be looking at the road and not as much your surroundings.

But like you stated,,,,,,,,,,"the bike will go where you look"

Happy travels.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

winginitrick, good point. After waiting all year it's easy to get so excited to get out again that "spring fever" causes common sense to be set aside. The best ride is the one that you come home safe from.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Good points for even the all year riders. We get toocomplacent sometimes. :action:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

I just printed it as reminder of how invisible we are on the highways, and biways!!! Zero margin for error!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.