Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was at a Goldwing rally yesturday. I've been thinking how good the clear lenses look, & how maybe I would get me a set. Well I seen a GL1800 IB with them installed. The lenses look great, & the lights look awesome in the dark. But they're almost impossible to see in bright sun light. The tail lights were almost non existent, & when he hit the brakes, they weren't much better. I will NOT get them for mine, & wanted to warn others. It looked like to me, they would be dangerous in bright sunlight. I don't want to hear of someone getting rear ended because of them. Stay with the OEM's or Euro's, & don't get bumped from behind. JMHO, & not trying to beat up on the vendors. Just trying to save life & limb. :shock:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

There's also a problem with the clear lenses fogging up with condensation and even filling with rain!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Here is a visual warning to owners with the aftermarket rear lens fitted to their 1800's. This is thephoto of a Yorkshire wingers lens which appeared to be a result of slow riding whilst feathering the rear brake too long. The bulbs are getting hot and melting the unit??? Warning photocourtesy of Mike Emmett, GB Club.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

That happened to me as well. But I think it's because I sealed up the small vent hole, hoping it might stop the lens filling with water. I've heard of several more cases like this. :(

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

This neighbour of mine got the clear lenses for the front indicators, :clapper:but he says he wouldn'tchange the rear lenses. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.