Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if the seats of the 1800 are covered under warranty? the seats are splitting at the seams. no object has cut the seats. i could not find the information anywhere. not on-line and not in the "vehicle service contract.

thanks
Touring Lodi

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Honda says it this way:

They will repair or replace at their option, any part which is proven to be defective in material or factory workmanship under normal use during the applicable warranty period. (you have an original 3 year warranty from date of purchase)

Work must be done by an authorized Honda Dealer, and are to be made with no charge for parts or labor.

It will be up to your dealer as in the area of a seat, there are about twenty ways to avoid the repair under the listed exclusions in the warranty wording. Such as exposure to the elements.

I would think any reputable dealer with a bike this new would take care of it and wish you well.

Kit

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

My friends gl1800 seat replaced without any problem under waranty, Dealer MPH at Milford Haven Pembrokeshire West Wales.
Derek

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

I don't know why any dealer would make an excuse not to warranty it. They get paid for it so why give somebody grief over it. I have worked for 3 Honda car dealers, BMW, Toyota and a few others and all of them with exception of Nissan would bend over backward to repair just about anything under warranty except collision damage. I have replaced worn out brakes, clutches, seat covers and even tires under warranty on Honda cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.