Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year wing?
wing is 86. point is thhe forum is still screwing up.

i used to beat the bushes in your neck of the woods. valdosta, bainbridge, etc. i had a shop outside dothan al. went to the dragstrip up there a good bit . silver dollar raceway???

·
Magic Moderator
4,490 Posts
I have a thread address this over in the Moderators area for the IT Department to look into this issue. Last time a member thought we deleted their post, it never got there. :surprise:

·
Administrator
58,924 Posts
Clay,

that happened to me twice earlier today.

I hit the backspace key to get back to the post, and then SUBMIT it again.
IF the first one took, the server will tell you that post is identical.

if it does not, it did not hear the first submit...
it is not always the server's fault, the internet is not a solid thing, lots of loose joints in the middle.

·
Administrator
25,532 Posts
Clay,

that happened to me twice earlier today.

I hit the backspace key to get back to the post, and then SUBMIT it again.
IF the first one took, the server will tell you that post is identical.

if it does not, it did not hear the first submit...
it is not always the server's fault, the internet is not a solid thing, lots of loose joints in the middle.

Happens to me frequently too, lately anyway. I do the same to get it back.

·
Administrator
25,532 Posts
at about 5:30 today, i posted a new thread. asked about vacuum fuel pump.

nowhere to be found!

Try it again. I put a vacuum fuel pump on an 1100, it worked, I posted it here but can't find it now. I still have the pump somewhere.

·
Banned
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for that link ken. im gonna install one on my wing. since oem pump sits lower than carbs, they are all going to be junk used. i will have to find one with a spring return diaphram to run off a intake runner, unless yall know an area on the engine to get a push/pull like crankcase pressure/vac. i may tap a hole in a valve cover to see what kind of pos/neg pulses are there.

thougts? i would really like to run on of the kawsaki pumps like on mowers. they are as reliable as it gets and dont care abouit water or dirty fuel orextreme heat........they just keep pumping!

·
Administrator
25,532 Posts
i will have to find one with a spring return diaphram to run off a intake runner, unless yall know an area on the engine to get a push/pull like crankcase pressure/vac. i may tap a hole in a valve cover to see what kind of pos/neg pulses are there.

!

Being a 4 cyl it is not going to have a pulse in the crankcase.

·
Administrator
25,532 Posts

·
Banned
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for that link ken. im gonna install one on my wing. since oem pump sits lower than carbs, they are all going to be junk used. i will have to find one with a spring return diaphram to run off a intake runner, unless yall know an area on the engine to get a push/pull like crankcase pressure/vac. i may tap a hole in a valve cover to see what kind of pos/neg pulses are there.

thougts? i would really like to run on of the kawsaki pumps like on mowers. they are as reliable as it gets and dont care abouit water or dirty fuel orextreme heat........they just keep pumping!

·
Banned
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't understand all the hassle and drama of trying to adapt a foreign object to your bike when the OEM part is available new.
oem is expensive and the vacuum one will outlast it. it will also remove a design flaw from the electrical system. putting the pump on same fused circuit as starter and ignition was fubar.

and i like to tinker.

·
Administrator
25,532 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts