1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Lots of folks talked about them on here. Problem is company was a victim of Katrina and has not reopened.
Bummer I hope they come back. I'm gonna be peeking over 50 this year and I'd look forward to something like that - did folks like them before they were gone?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

:D if you don't know - don't ask - LOL Let's just say - I'm a long-range planner - for my 90's LOL

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

that is a item i would be interested in my self . dont want to go to a side hack . dont want a trike (yet) but being 70+ does have its disadvantages .

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I wonder if it came with a tool to put the ding in the muffler for the bar clearance?

I'm also wondering if this design could be greatly simplified by use of electric motor and sealed gear drive using the space 1500's have above the center stand and behind the engine.

Would be nice to not need the hydraulics and all that goes with it.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

You might think that with over 20,000 members, all of whom are not really active, that someone would either have one of these "Landing Gears" or know someone that does???? If so a few pictures of electronics and names of the various manufactures, that built the odd and ends of that system.... It might just be enough to get some of our many genius members, building one that would work on all Gold Wings....

I asked a member last year, can't remember now who, that lives in New Orleans to go by where that shop was..They said that it was one of the many buildings that was under water from Katerina and was just a shell....No signs that any one had even tried to clean it out....Junk scattered every where for blocks around it.....Then there was a rumor that the owner passed away and that his sons or family didn't want to continue building those landing gears?????

So until someone finds one of these "Landing Gears" intact and is willing to let someone give it a going over.....That type of "landing Gear" is just a great idea that rode off into the sun set never to return.....OH yeah those "Landing Gears" were very reasonably priced, if you compared them to the other options out there....

Claude....

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I wonder if it came with a tool to put the ding in the muffler for the bar clearance?

I'm also wondering if this design could be greatly simplified by use of electric motor and sealed gear drive using the space 1500's have above the center stand and behind the engine.

Would be nice to not need the hydraulics and all that goes with it.
:cheeky1:rudy thats a costly option. thats provided at no cost . just cycle -- ONCE.:cheeky1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.