Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Wicked!
Thanks for posting.Faster than getting a pumper truck there probably.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,867 Posts
check this out...

I really wonder why the gubmint wont utilize this more. Its awesome, in the classical sense, and it makes sense...
http://youtu.be/KvBRWTumoZI

·
Premium Member
55,671 Posts
Probably bureaucratic red tape.......

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
The Forest Service has just changed their pointy little minds and will be using the Evergreen super bomber. We sure could use it this summer here in Southern Oregon and Northern California. A dry spring and a lot of dry lightning has really set the fires around here this year. Some recent days have had visibility less than one mile here in Medford and Grant's Pass due to smoke. Really smells strong some days. There have been some days that the bombers and helicopters couldn't fly due to low visibility in smoke. Some of the terrain is so rugged the fire fighters cant get into it. There have been some hot shot crews ferried down the Rogue on rafts to get as some of the burns. It's been a hard summer on the fire crews with 19 killed in CA and two here in OR. Damn tough job, my hat's off in salute to these guys. I think we have about 1500 of them in the area right now. We all appreciate the work you guys do, be safe and watch out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.